Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 5th, 2024, 5:31am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GDB Fall Fiesta, Sun. Oct 19 -- 9AM rollout (Read 1318 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

GDB Fall Fiesta, Sun. Oct 19 -- 9AM rollout
Oct 13th, 2014, 2:08pm

The Greater Dallas Bicyclists are having their Fall Fiesta ride and lunch, this coming Sunday, at the pavilion at the top of Flagpole Hill at the north end of WRLake...  

Group Ride departs 9AM sharp -- 25-30 miles, no drop, 15-16mph flat road rolling pace typical.  This is the standard "Sunday Roll", as such, for those who have done it before - but a bit shorter.    There is also a faster group designated.

Lunch starts 11:45ish, at the pavilion -- free for GDB Members, $15 for nonmembers (but the ride is free!). Burgers cooked on the spot, and provided by Two Rows restaurant -- plus a dessert contest!!!

Door prizes awarded to a buncha folks, by random drawing.

Thought about joining GDB? It's a group that's fairly recumbent-friendly, with a various group rides at various levels available.  I've been part of the club since 2005, and am currently VP/Social Chair... Membership is only $20 per person, which gets you free food at all the quarterly "fiestas", discounts at local bike shops, and several other benefits as well...  Join today, and get free food Sunday!!!! Here's the website link to join --  https://gdbclub.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=60&club_id=747333&s l=323790264

« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014, 2:14pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: GDB Fall Fiesta, Sun. Oct 19 -- 9AM rollout
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2014, 2:10pm

Here's the link to RSVP for the Fall Fiesta

http://www.greaterdallasbicyclists.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=74733 3&item_id=370846

Again, free to Members, and $15 for nonmembers.

Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2014, 5:08pm

"Thought about joining GDB? It's a group that's fairly recumbent-friendly, [my edit] with a various group rides at various levels available."

Very tempting.  That (Cold-Blooded) Airport Ride is very enjoyable, I have to admit.  Friendly folks on that ride.

« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2014, 5:10pm by Action Lad »  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2014, 2:12pm

Pretty much any "DF" riding group/club is going to look at recumbents slightly askance -- but the GDB gang is used to me, Rothgeb, JohnF, Lynn, Shelley, and others joining in on group rides, for several years now...  

You've just gotta jump in, choose your spots thoughtfully as to where to ride within the group (at least until they get used to your riding style), and have a bit of thick skin for the occasional good-natured barb...

Bryan and SquareCorners Daniel ride (or at least used to ride) fairly regularly with the Plano gang, but they're about the only ones...   Not sure if any 'bents ride with the Carrollton group.

shellbear

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2014, 9:01am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Oct 15th, 2014, 2:12pm:
Pretty much any "DF" riding group/club is going to look at recumbents slightly askance -- but the GDB gang is used to me, Rothgeb, JohnF, Lynn, Shelley, and others joining in on group rides, for several years now...

You've just gotta jump in, choose your spots thoughtfully as to where to ride within the group (at least until they get used to your riding style), and have a bit of thick skin for the occasional good-natured barb...

Bryan and SquareCorners Daniel ride (or at least used to ride) fairly regularly with the Plano gang, but they're about the only ones...   Not sure if any 'bents ride with the Carrollton group.

You speak the truth!  For the most part GDB folks are quite friendly.  Sadly I can't make it to this (I'll be driving back from Austin).  Sad

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
LightningPilot

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2014, 8:18pm

At FWBA's Leakey Death Ride, as usual. Have fun. Totally delighted that Frio Pecan Farm has awesome WiFi for the first time ever!

Carolyn Trimble
2001 Lightning P38
2005 Lightning P38
2000 Litespeed Ultimate
1988 Hujsak Century
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print