Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 5th, 2024, 9:54pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Houston Haunt (Read 384 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Houston Haunt
Sep 15th, 2014, 9:33pm

For those of you looking for an excuse to get out of Dodge for a weekend, here is the game plan for the "Houston Haunt":

Saturday morning, October 25, plans are to start the day at the George Bush Park for a ride led by Steve and Nancy Jackson. They could get around that trail with their eyes closed, so we are in good hands. After we finish up, we're heading over to the Jackson's for the "Greasy Street Cookout." I know I know. Mike Librik chose that name - Easy Street is sponsoring the lunch. Always the comic, that Mike...

Then Priceline a hotel cheap and go crash after lunch. Take a good nap -- at 10 p.m. we are meeting up in downtown Houston at the George R. Brown Convention Center to party until we roll out at midnight on the Moonlight Ramble -- an organized ride put on by Bike Houston. All the nuts come out for this one - TOO FUN!!!!  There are over 2,000 overgrown kids dressed up like nuts that ride through Houston during the middle of the night. It is hilarious.  There is an 8 mile route and a 20 mile route -- but don't even think about getting in a hurry. Speed is NOT required with all these loony tunes rolling!  

Hungry? We'll head over to The Spanish Flowers all night Mexican Restaurant (along with LOTS of the riders from the Ramble) for a YUMMY breakfast. After we eat and laugh a while, head back to your hotel and crash until time to check out, then head home.

The only cost will be your registration for the Moonlight Ramble and the meal at the Spanish Flowers. And your travel expenses. Easy Street is picking up the tab for the lunch on Saturday. If you register for the Ramble before September 30, it is just $25. That gets you the COOLEST looking t shirt from any ride.  

www/bikehouston.org/moonlightramble/

You can look the Spanish Flowers over here:
http://spanish-flowers.com/

For the young at heart that is looking for something DIFFERENT to do, come on and ride with some bents! Dress up if you want to for the Ramble! Greg, Sweet P and I WON the costume contest last year (Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3)!  BUT - MAKE SURE you can ride in it! Smiley

Holler at me if you want to join us on the Haunt!  

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print