Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 7th, 2024, 8:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for Friends to Ride With! (Read 469 times)
gfreeman

rbent member

Looking for Friends to Ride With!
Aug 22nd, 2014, 4:26pm

My wife and I live in the vicinity of Hillcrest and Spring Valley, and we'd like to meet folks who are around the same level of rider as us.  We are in our 60's and just getting started getting back in shape.  We are not fast and do not yet ride more than 6-7 miles at a stretch, but we are building up.  It is ok with us if you are faster, ride farther.  We just want to be roughly in the same category so we get some ride time together.  If you are interested respond and we will plan a time to meet and ride.   Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Looking for Friends to Ride With!
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2014, 5:17pm

Get ahold of testersbc here on rbent, and his wife.  They're trikers, and are in the Collin Co area.  Maybe y'all can hook up.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2014, 7:33pm

Several RBENTers ride at White Rock Lake every Tuesday and Thursday.  We meet at Barbec's (8949 Garland Rd Dallas, TX 75218) for breakfast at 7:45AM and head around the corner to the White Rock Lake trail after breakfast around 8:40AM.  WRL is 10 miles around, but it's a great place to start riding and building up your strength and endurance because it's relatively flat.  Also, there's usually a fast group and a slow group, so you'll always have people to ride with.

So, come on out (especially on Thursdays because that's when I show up) Smiley and meet everyone and have a good ride while enjoying the wonderful scenery the lake and area has to offer.  I look forward to meeting you guys!

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
testersbc

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2014, 11:52am

would be glad to hook up with you .  my wife and i take shorter rides trying to get back into cycling.  pm me maybe we could hook up and do a trail in allen or richardson

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print