Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 9:59am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BACK ON 2 WHL BIKE (Read 1245 times)
esbee

rbent member

BACK ON 2 WHL BIKE
Aug 2nd, 2014, 6:40pm

got a call from a neighbor whose brother found a kitten thrown out in the rain at his house so I went down there to see it...decided to see if I could get back on my Schwinn...it does not hurt my hips...I rode down and up to Mary's place to photograph the kitten for adoption purposes. Thinking back it was the hip pain that caused me to seek out other alternatives and someone mentioned how trikes sit different, I tried one and  the rest is history. I now know that it was the bone on bone that was causing all the pain, not necessarily the bike seat or position itself,  but I was able to ride because of the sitting position on a trike...I love my trikes but will keep the other bike for occasional rides

odd thing- I used my marathon app on my phone to get distance, on my trike round trip it says 1.2 on the Schwinn, same round trip to Mary's it said 1.1  Smiley??????????

about the kitten, his name is Arby (RB for rainyday boy) he is super loving,  gray stripes, spots on his belly, face like a lion cub, big eyes and loves to be cuddled and held, and is talkative. suggestion to moderator or whoever does this site---get some cat smileys!  

AND-------my hubby and I are planning to come to McKinney/Allen to ride a bike trail (we are taking one trike since that is all that fits in the Rav4...can someone suggest a safe trail, since I will be riding by myself. I prefer a loop so I can end back where I started. and I will also post this notice on the home page.

Thanks
Susan in Paris

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: BACK ON 2 WHL BIKE
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2014, 7:32pm

Bonnie Wenk park on Virginia in McKinney. Park at the dog park and ride west, then back to dog park, then ride east and back. You have my number. Call our pm and maybe we can hook up. My kids would love to go ride.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2014, 8:56pm

sounds like a plan I will look up the park and see where it is in relation to saltgrass
 and to add a ride
just got back from 6 miles at Trail de Paris
talked to a lady walking a dog-she is very interested in getting a trike I told her to check this forum.  
Susan in Paris

Email WWW   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:53pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Aug 2nd, 2014, 7:32pm:
Bonnie Wenk park on Virginia in McKinney. Park at the dog park and ride west, then back to dog park, then ride east and back. You have my number. Call our pm and maybe we can hook up. My kids would love to go ride.
Let me know when you guys are planning to ride.  Perhaps I will be able to tag along.  I wanna meet a real (Texas) Parisian!

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2014, 7:29am

Planning to be at bonnie wenk park-  between 1 and 1:30 cell phone 903 272 9073
i will be wearing a flame orange cap and riding a black anura -we have  a red rav 4
Susan in paris

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print