Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 14th, 2024, 1:32pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Maintenance Log (Read 1147 times)
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Maintenance Log
Jul 29th, 2013, 3:52pm

I'm curious how others are tracking maintenance actions and component changes performed.  I have discovered Strava(free) allows for component changes that are performed on a specific bike and provides mileage on the component.  RidewithGPS (paid) provides a maintenance log and does real time calculations as to when the next action should occur.  I haven't discovered any other tools but would appreciate some feedback before I exert energy and create something of my own, after all why do that when I can ride and use something that already exists.

Currently I am using these tools to log mileage and routes, my hope is to eliminate a bunch of this redundancy very soon and would not be opposed to a paid service that can provide all if the price is right.  I use a Garmin 800 on all rides and upload data accordingly.

Strava(free)
Endomondo(premium)
Bike Journal (free)
Ridewithgps(free)
Garmin connect(free)

Each has their pros and cons and so far it appears that ridewithgps is the only tool I have found that can provide all aspects, the annual fee is $50/$80...is there something better out there?

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Sweeper

rbent member

Re: Maintenance Log
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2013, 4:36pm

I usually just ride till something brakes, then fix it. Sure saves a lot of time and money on maintenance logs and charts and etc. (LoL)
JUST kidding, kinda.

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2013, 8:33am

Where/how does Strava track component changes on a bike?

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
LightningPilot

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2013, 12:41pm

Quote from Sweeper on Jul 29th, 2013, 4:36pm:
I usually just ride till something brakes, then fix it. Sure saves a lot of time and money on maintenance logs and charts and etc. (LoL)
JUST kidding, kinda.

Ditto, except Warren fixes it Smiley

Carolyn Trimble
2001 Lightning P38
2005 Lightning P38
2000 Litespeed Ultimate
1988 Hujsak Century
  IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2013, 3:24pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jul 30th, 2013, 8:33am:
Where/how does Strava track component changes on a bike?

go to my profile, select bikes, add your bikes if you haven't already done so then choose components.  I discovered this yesterday, works well as I added new tires and cassette that was installed months ago and it automatically calculated the miles on the components.  yes this is the free version as I have not yet found a good reason to pay for the service.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
amberlefty

rbent member

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2013, 1:49pm

Just use Excel to keep ride logs (distance, time, etc) and add notes for needed and completed maintenance, parts etc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print