Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 29th, 2024, 1:22am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Day Back at "24-Hour Fitness" (Read 946 times)
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

First Day Back at "24-Hour Fitness"
Jun 17th, 2013, 6:42pm

Well, the gym looks a lot like a recumbent trike.  Now that school is over, and the first of my two additional two weeks done, I hit the road hard...well relatively...and the body's responding well.  I logged 33 miles going into Plano, significantly burning 1500 calories.  The official start of my riding season saw me at 222 lbs.  After two weeks of on-off riding, I am now at 213, on the elevator towards at least 190.  If I hit 180, it'll be a real victory.  
If weather permits, it'll be a session of fun with the Clowns tomorrow, then back to the daily burn.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
shellbear

Re: First Day Back at "24-Hour Fitness"
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2013, 9:52am

Great job on the weight loss!!  Smiley  
I need to get myself back into the gym.  I've mostly been doing HIIT workouts at home but it's not enough!

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2013, 5:33am

Count me in as well. I'm going to try to lose some pounds during this years Tour de France by riding and watching my fuel intake.  I have had a crazy schedule this month, but I've been keeping my legs by riding my trainer and using The Sufferfest videos. Those things are crazy hard!

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2013, 10:20am

I need to set up my trainer again for riding during the week (since it's too hot to ride after I get off work).  I have the room in my living room but I'm not sure how my husband feels about my bike being a new piece of furniture.  Ha ha.

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print