Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 13th, 2024, 11:26am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fender Alternative for Musashi and Expedition? (Read 839 times)
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Fender Alternative for Musashi and Expedition?
Apr 10th, 2013, 8:16pm

Anyone have a good solution for blocking road debris? I can live with leaves and even a little mud, but I have to draw the line at goose poop. I used a piece of lexan that I fitted to the bottom of the stays on the rack on my Road. The Musashi and Expedition both have racks but are configured differently so it won't work the same for them.  I think those regular fenders they sell are really sucky.  Any alternative ideas? I like some of the little short fenders they make for mountain bikes but haven't figured out a way to mount one.

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Fender Alternative for Musashi and Expedition?
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2013, 8:32pm

Quote from Patti on Apr 10th, 2013, 8:16pm:
Anyone have a good solution for blocking road debris? I can live with leaves and even a little mud, but I have to draw the line at goose poop. I used a piece of lexan that I fitted to the bottom of the stays on the rack on my Road. The Musashi and Expedition both have racks but are configured differently so it won't work the same for them.  I think those regular fenders they sell are really sucky.  Any alternative ideas? I like some of the little short fenders they make for mountain bikes but haven't figured out a way to mount one.

Install a Millay neck protector (Made from a 1-liter clear plastic pop bottle) between the headrest supports or a mini fender (also made from a pop bottle) like Lynn has on her Musashi.

Email   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2013, 9:56pm

I need to install one of these too!

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2013, 11:18pm

Quote from jayg on Apr 10th, 2013, 8:32pm:
Install a Millay neck protector (Made from a 1-liter clear plastic pop bottle) between the headrest supports or a mini fender (also made from a pop bottle) like Lynn has on her Musashi.

Excellent suggestion. I'll have to check those out when I get back from Mississippi. I found some information on how to create a debris shield/mini fender out of milk jug plastic but it would still need some adaptation.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print