Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 13th, 2024, 5:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Kickstand on Musashi (Read 4720 times)
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Re: Kickstand on Musashi
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2013, 7:55pm

Quote from jayg on Apr 2nd, 2013, 4:16pm:
Quote from Patti on Apr 2nd, 2013, 3:35pm:
Yep. Its all mine.

Jay, I refuse to get caught up in all that "weight weenie" stuff. Hostel Shoppe tells me that their Volae Kickstand Gizmo "might" work but I'd rather know for certain before I order one.

Welcome to the club. You're really going to like that bike. My Musashi is my bike for life.

The only Musashi owner I know that has a kickstand on his bike is Grady B. Called him and he told me he got his from Jack at RBM, Richardson. He said he thought it was a Cannondale product. It looks like this: http://www.cannondale.com/2012-eileen-2-kickstand-21898.

When you get the boom set for your X-seam check to be sure there are no crank strike issues. If there is any crank strike, you might want to install a 155 mm or shorter triple. Since I installed short cranks on my Musashi, I have not gone down on the bike. Used to be a regular occurrence.  

I have one on my Musashi and I also got Jack to install it at RBM.  Works well too.... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2013, 7:58pm

Yep. Its all mine.

Jay, I refuse to get caught up in all that "weight weenie" stuff. Hostel Shoppe tells me that their Volae Kickstand Gizmo "might" work but I'd rather know for certain before I order one.

Welcome to the club. You're really going to like that bike. My Musashi is my bike for life.

The only Musashi owner I know that has a kickstand on his bike is Grady B. Called him and he told me he got his from Jack at RBM, Richardson. He said he thought it was a Cannondale product. It looks like this: http://www.cannondale.com/2012-eileen-2-kickstand-21898.

When you get the boom set for your X-seam check to be sure there are no crank strike issues. If there is any crank strike, you might want to install a 155 mm or shorter triple. Since I installed short cranks on my Musashi, I have not gone down on the bike. Used to be a regular occurrence.  

When the doctor releases me to ride again will you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE install the triple on my Musashi, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #17 - Apr 17th, 2013, 8:26pm

Quote from Ric_Clark on Apr 17th, 2013, 7:58pm:
Yep. Its all mine.

When the doctor releases me to ride again will you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE install the triple on my Musashi, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Wondered where you've been. Glad you're back.

Will be glad to install a triple on your bike.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print