Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:23pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
catrike vs. sun (Read 1594 times)
esbee

rbent member

catrike vs. sun
Feb 14th, 2013, 7:05pm

went for a ride on the trail de paris and here comes Jerry on his catrike- said he would ride with me- he had already been out for a while- so i told him I was slow but he said that was ok....here is how it went- susan- pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal  Jerry -pedal crooooooooooooooooooooooze!!!!  susan- pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal  Jerry -pedal crooooooooooooooooooooooze!!!!  susan- pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal pedal  Jerry ----pedal crooooooooooooooooooooooze!!!!  
but i went further and faster than I had in a long time- did 8 miles total in a little over an hour....real;ly had a nice workout!!!!!!!!!!!!now i want one of those  that go pedal crooooooooooooooooooooooze!!!!  

susan in paris  Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: catrike vs. sun
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2013, 5:03pm

Eight miles!!!  Quite an improvement over two!!!  Keep pedaling...   The Sun trikes are obviously a bit heavier, and with smaller wheels -- but it beats walking/running...   As the weather warms up, before you know it you'll be doing 15-20 milers...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2013, 7:34am

Susan, We all get caught up in the "faster, faster, faster" thing.  I too want a Cattrike to replace my Terratrike, but to tell the truth, the Terratrike gets the job done.  Riding with my wife on her Cattrike is actually a challenge because the Cattrike is that much better than the Terratrike Cruiser I have. And of course both would beat out a Sun.  But when we slow down and enjoy the ride, it really doesn't matter.  You can pedal, croooooooze as well, you just won't go as far.

I know that is easier said than done, especially for the "macho" men (like myself) out there, but sometimes it isn't about the speed.  It is hard to admit that my wife is faster than me even though I am the stronger rider.  The machine she rides makes that much of a difference.

Enjoy what you have and don't worry about what others have.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
gerrym

rbent member

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2013, 5:57pm

I was so glad to see Susan riding her trike that day and getting to ride with her. She has made a lot of progress since her surgery. Yes, she was not that fast, but she rode the entire way without stopping. Keep riding that trike Susan. I hope we will get to ride the trail together a lot this summer.  

Gerry

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2013, 9:57pm

Good on ya, Susan!  And let me join the others, encouraging you to keep on pedaling...Sun Trike, Catrike, or whatever.  Anyone with wheels under him is blessed, in my opinion.  You'll graduate to a faster machine soon enough.  When you get there, you'll be ready.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print