Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 3rd, 2024, 7:14am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
trinity trails in Fort Worth (Read 1133 times)
Joan1708

rbent member

trinity trails in Fort Worth
Oct 24th, 2012, 3:33pm

I took my dogs and trike to ride the Trinity Trails. I started out at Gateway Park on the east side of the trails. I was surprised to find mostly gravel trails. (not good for the dog's paws). Is there a map that distinguishes the gravel from the paved trails. The official trinity trails map does not.  also, does any one out there let their dog swim in the river?

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2012, 3:37pm by Joan1708 »  
Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: trinity trails in Fort Worth
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2012, 4:38pm

Joan, the maps online do show the different surfaces BUT they are so similar that it is really hard to tell them apart. When leaving Gateway, make sure to go down and across the water crossing and you will stay on the paved trail. Right now, there is some construction work on that trail, closer to downtown that will put you off onto the gravel anyway, due to the detour. You might consider parking at Trinity Park and heading south, toward Benbrook. Unless they are doing repair work over there too, it is easier to stay on the paved pathway.

IP Logged
Joan1708

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2012, 4:44pm

thanks Patti, good info!

Email   IP Logged
Joan1708

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2012, 6:15pm

I have decided I really like the eastern part of Trinity Trails. I've been out there 3 times now (the eastern part). It's so peaceful and pretty. Lots and lots of birds, a few rowers, a few horses. The river crossings are cool! I didn't know they have paddle boarding and ski jumping on the river. The gravel trails are not so bad to ride on. I have let the dog run free on much of the gravel parts because we are the only ones out there (she will come when called, and I don't have to worry about her feet on the gravel).   A very nice piece of nature in the middle of the city. Well done Fort Worth.

« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2012, 6:17pm by Joan1708 »  
Email   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2012, 8:33pm

I ride that part of the trail all the time but I hope they finish fixing the trails soon, the gravel in certain spots is pretty rough. I've been getting flats at an alarming rate and I know it's the gravel that's to blame. I had to replace a set of tires the first time I went thru, now I avoid that section like the plague.

It's a shame because I loved riding from Gateway Park all the way to Benbrook and back. It's a good example of what a trail could be.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
Joan1708

rbent member

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2012, 9:29am

I wish they would keep going and connect it to Legacy Park in arlington, then Mike Lewis park in Grand Prairie and all the way through Dallas.

Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2012, 1:01pm

Quote from Joan1708 on Oct 28th, 2012, 9:29am:
I wish they would keep going and connect it to Legacy Park in arlington, then Mike Lewis park in Grand Prairie and all the way through Dallas.

There were plans posted on the North Texas Council of Governments website that indicated that it would run all the way to the Oklahoma border eventually, but apparently funding must have been lost because the plans disappeared from the website.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print