Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 12:51am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For carrying a camera on you when you ride (Read 952 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

For carrying a camera on you when you ride
Oct 17th, 2012, 9:40am

There are times when I want to carry my big a** Nikon SLR camera when I ride. These cannot be described as "handy" no matter how hard you try. They are heavy, cumbersome, and just a pain to wrestle. But goodness at the photo quality.

I saw a photo of Larry Varney (BROL fame) and he had a binocular harness on with his camera attached. Hmmm. So I ordered a cheapie off eBay, and WOW my socks are knocked off!!! This is going to be PERFECT for riding with one of these dinosaur cameras on me!!! When I go ride the Timpoochee Trail in a  couple of weeks, now I can [i][b]comfortably[b][i]] ride with a camera!!! And the San Diego Zoo in February is going to be a WHOLE LOT EASIER on me now!  Add this to the list of Christmas gift ideas for the photo bug rider on the list!!!

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
scooterdaddy52

rbent member

Re: For carrying a camera on you when you ride
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2012, 9:13am

Which one did you buy? Smiley

IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2012, 9:26am

It is one similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Deluxe-Black-Binocular-Strap-Harness-199-Elastic-b ody-harness-comfortable-/290791411625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b484cfa9

They make them in all price ranges. Since I wanted to see if it would work well for me (Larry Varney recommended them to me. Others had recommended a REAL pricey job and I went with the cheap stuff to see if it would do. It DID!) I went cut rate. It's kind of like a mousetrap -- it isn't rocket science so why pay out the ears for something that simple will work just as well?  

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2012, 7:44am

Nice find!!!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2012, 1:48pm

hiya, pug!When I was younger and didn't know better, use to tour by motorcycle.MY next apartment neighbor was photbug and traveled a lot, finally he got a motorcycle and just had to take his camers, so I made one for him out of leather and elestic straps just like mine copied the 1925c  We both did leather!went to cost several times, one to monterrey , mex, one to heaver's state park in ok, for hang gliding, "KIamichi trail, bever's bend and other places, worked great  
But can't get out much anymore! Btw, with your nickname, was sure you were a guy!Why not post a picture? mine , can't load here but is on Face book
Have waaaaay too many photos in storage or lost ! Grin

Lrodshy  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print