Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 3rd, 2024, 12:26pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CCRBENT October ride? (Read 1006 times)
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

CCRBENT October ride?
Oct 15th, 2012, 8:23am

Any interest in a night-time CCRBENT ride in October?  Sort of a Cats, bats & Rats thing, in keeping with the general theme of October...though there is not a lot of October left to enjoy.

I know Dave is planning on riding the PBA Century on the 27th, and I am tied up all of Sat 20th with a class.

It doesn't have to be a night ride, but since we are losing daylight so soon, it sounded like fun.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: CCRBENT October ride?
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2012, 8:56am

Sounds like a good time to me - depending on the day I might come up and join you guys.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2012, 6:40am

I need to get out and ride again!  With getting the house ready to sell (which sold in 2 days BTW!!!), and then getting ready to move and all that goes with that, riding has not been up on the priority list.  However after doing the Blue Moon ride I discovered it's like flying at night...it's more work and less fun, and you can't see a thing!

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2012, 7:22am

Quote from JimFPU on Oct 17th, 2012, 6:40am:
I need to get out and ride again!  With getting the house ready to sell (which sold in 2 days BTW!!!), and then getting ready to move and all that goes with that, riding has not been up on the priority list.  However after doing the Blue Moon ride I discovered it's like flying at night...it's more work and less fun, and you can't see a thing!

1.  Congrats on the speedy house sale!

2.  You got the ride-bit wrong!  It's more fun, less work, and with the right lights, you can see quite well! Smiley

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Joan1708

rbent member

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2012, 7:28am

What is CCRBENT?

Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2012, 3:44pm

Collin County Recumbent Riders of North Texas  Cool

There are a number of bent riders in Collin County, so we started calling our little group rides CCRBENT so folks would auto-magically know it was in Collin County... But you don't have to LIVE in Collin Co to come ride with us.  Just show up!  Nothing more than that.

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2012, 3:45pm by Monkeywrangler22 »  

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2012, 1:20pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Oct 17th, 2012, 7:22am:
Quote from JimFPU on Oct 17th, 2012, 6:40am:

1.  Congrats on the speedy house sale!

2.  You got the ride-bit wrong!  It's more fun, less work, and with the right lights, you can see quite well! Smiley

Thanks on the house.  It is a huge banner that God really does answer prayer.  It was His house anyway, and now it's time for us to let someone else use it!

As far as riding a night, I'm reminded of a story of when I was getting my pilots license.  It was a night cross-country from SAT to Austin-Bergstrum.  Of course when you are getting your ticket, you constantly practice for emergencies.  Well we had started the return trip to SAT and we were flying at about 3000 feet about a mile and a half west of I-35.  Could see the
 highway clearly, but underneath us there were absolutely no lights and it was mostly moonless.  Going through the emergency procedure for engine loss is the same no matter what, so I did the checklist as required.  Now one thing was different my instructor told me that without power keep everything off until right before landing, and then switch on the landing light and see what was out there.  If you like what you see make a landing and do the best you can...if you don't likewhat you see...turn off the light!

So in my mind I'm always working on the emergency procedures and it just wasn't as much fun...even with Dave's great lights.  At least the company was great!

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print