Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 11th, 2024, 9:20pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stripped "A" strut clamp on my bike (Read 1266 times)
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Stripped "A" strut clamp on my bike
Aug 30th, 2012, 6:35pm

Does anyone know where I can get a set of "A" strut clamps? They are for the rear seat posts on a Sun X2-AX, the posts that adjust the seat back.

I had the weirdest situation happen. I rode 44 miles the other day, and as I was heading back my water bottle suddenly flew out of its cage. I didn't think I'd hit anything particularly hard, but when I stopped to get the bottle off the road I saw that the cage was cracked in half. Then, once I got home my seat was wonky on one side, and I found the A strut clamp was stripped. Weird. It seems like this bike has had all it can take lately. (and no snarky comments about it being a good starter bike. I know, I know. I'm looking for another ride, just haven't had any luck yet. gotta find the right price and ride at the same time...)

I'm trying to get it fixed quickly, so I can do the ride on Saturday, but especially so I can do the Cowtown Classic in a week. Any help would be appreciated.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Stripped "A" strut clamp on my bike
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2012, 8:19pm

Take a picture of the clamp, and post it here, so we can visualize....   Post the pic to a public photosharing site like Photobucket, and copy the " [img]" photo link, and put it into your post.

By the way, Terrie and I have been tuning in to your Channel 11 Eye Opener morning show lately...   interestingly different!!!!

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2012, 9:35pm

Take the clamp to a local ace hardware store, they seem to have stuff big box stores do not carry.  Try using a small hose clamp to hold the strut or if the bolt is stripped it may be the bolt could be replaced. Easy racers has the strut clamp for six bucks.

Email   IP Logged
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2012, 5:32am

Thanks for the quick answers! I called Easy Street in Austin, and Mike said he had them in stock.  

My bike is falling apart slowly, or at least it feels that way. Gotta upgrade.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print