Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
HHH (Read 10377 times)
jdorlon

rbent member

Re: HHH
Reply #30 - Aug 28th, 2012, 7:37am

What I meant about the wind was this:  when we went into the wind, we went directly into it.   Since it is direct, it is for the shortest time possible.   When we went north, it wasn't so direct, and we had the benefit of the wind for more miles.  

I was riding a wedgie 3 months ago.   Coming to a recumbent, I find that a tailwind still helps, but a headwind doesn't hurt as much as it used to.  So maybe some of that newness is still at play for me

« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2012, 10:35am by jdorlon »  

John D.
Cruzbike Vendetta 2.0
Cruzbike Silvio 1.5
  IP Logged
Rat Rider
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Aug 28th, 2012, 10:50am

The crosswind was brutal in places. Not being used to the deep wheels, my tacking skills are still a work-in-progress. The downwind section through Electra was sweeeeet.

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
  IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #32 - Aug 28th, 2012, 9:13pm

JAY!!!  I saw that slow Xstream pick up alot of speed when that long legged Blond go infront of you!! Smiley

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #33 - Aug 28th, 2012, 9:41pm

Quote from kenbent6 on Aug 28th, 2012, 9:13pm:
JAY!!!  I saw that slow Xstream pick up alot of speed when that long legged Blond go infront of you!! Smiley

Just found out I posted my ride report in the wrong place. Moved it.

Email   IP Logged
Bent_Vision

rbent member

Reply #34 - Sep 4th, 2012, 1:53pm

This too was my first HHH and my first 100 miler so I was not sure what to expect. The decision to go was last minute, 2:30am Saturday morning to be exact Wink. Needless to say I wasn't sure where to find the group and I'd yet to make a group ride to meet anyone so I lined up and started pretty far back. The first 10 minutes were interesting as they required scooting along on the bike until we got through the starting gate but once we got started it was a pretty fast pace up to 25+ for some parts of the race. I somehow even clocked some 1m 30sec miles but most were sub 3min. I too struggled tremendouly with the head winds on the last stretch until we hit the Airforce Base which was truely a thrill for me since my son recently finished his training there. Finally finished up about 1:30pm after some very lenghty rest stops. It was a very tough ride but all in all it was tons of fun and I really enjoyed getting to meet and ride with some of you and the other Bent riders that were there.  Looking forward to the next ride.

Paul, thanks for the pic BTW.  

Mike Russell - "Russ"

Mike Russell - Lake Dallas
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print