Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 11:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First ride on a bent (Read 832 times)
jm57

rbent member

First ride on a bent
Jul 13th, 2012, 9:28pm

Hi everybody,
I'm a recent Texas A&M grad and my first big purchase now that I have a job was a Bacchetta Giro 26.  I took it out for a lap around White Rock Lake.  Got lots of stares, smiles, and freaked out a few little kids.  Was a ton of fun, can't wait to go out and ride it again!

IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: First ride on a bent
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2012, 9:36pm

So you have found the forum. Mark and I were watching you from the road and commented on the nice bike you have. Get used to the attention...it's part of bent life. Come out to the Greater Dallas bicyclist club ride on Preston and Forest tomorrow. Ready to ride by 8.

Email   IP Logged
jm57

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2012, 9:49pm

I'll definitely join yall in a few weeks, going to take some easy rides every few days to get the legs back in shape.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2012, 1:14am

Quote from jm57 on Jul 13th, 2012, 9:49pm:
I'll definitely join yall in a few weeks, going to take some easy rides every few days to get the legs back in shape.

Good Plan.  You'll also be using muscles differently, so patience is the rule for several hundred miles as the recumbent groups get online.  The miles are fun, though.  

Congratulations for your purchase, and for your entree into the dark side of cycling, the bent life.  Well, from the other side of the door it looks like the dark side, then you come in and wonder, "Why didn't I do this before?"  Enjoy every pedal stroke, jm57!

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Sweeper

rbent member

Re: Did you ride today
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2012, 11:30am

Montie and I rolled out of the drive to a different scene, then yesterday. Today we had a bright yellow Sun looking over the treerow and already getting hot. This mornings ride was short, but with a few new hills added. We need to back so that we could go no with our "other life" Smiley  

Total 22.6 miles

Total for the week for Sweeper--130.6, for Montie a LITTLE less Sad

Very good week for both

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print