Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 30th, 2024, 5:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bicycle's Inc COM (Read 832 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Bicycle's Inc COM
Jul 3rd, 2012, 4:04pm

It's listed as the century of the month, but in fact there are routes of 12-100 miles.  I'm thinking of doing a middle distance ride, like maybe the 42 or 61 miler.  This one is a special event because they're providing a free French breakfast with crepes and such.  It's also my birthday.

Anyone wanna go ride with me?

http://www.fwbaclub.org/events/dspEventDetails.cfm?eventId=89

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Re: Bicycle's Inc COM
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2012, 5:44pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jul 3rd, 2012, 4:04pm:
It's listed as the century of the month, but in fact there are routes of 12-100 miles.  I'm thinking of doing a middle distance ride, like maybe the 42 or 61 miler.  This one is a special event because they're providing a free French breakfast with crepes and such.  It's also my birthday.

I was looking at the 61 miler.  It has over 1900 ft of climbing.  I don't really have a good frame of reference yet to know whether this is within my current capability.  

Do you know how much climbing we did on Sun?

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2012, 8:15pm

It can get pretty hilly over there, as for me, I'm going to do my rideon the Trinity Trail from my apt and depending on the legs ride up to or close to the Stock Yards. Smiley Have fun wherever you ride and be safe.
Happy 4th all.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2012, 9:14pm

Kenny, the garmin showed 1782 feet of climbing, so that 1900 over 61 miles shouldn't be a big deal.  What you most need to account for is the extra time out in the heat.

Quote from freakflyer9999 on Jul 3rd, 2012, 5:44pm:
Quote from aikigreg on Jul 3rd, 2012, 4:04pm:

I was looking at the 61 miler.  It has over 1900 ft of climbing.  I don't really have a good frame of reference yet to know whether this is within my current capability.  

Do you know how much climbing we did on Sun?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2012, 9:23pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jul 3rd, 2012, 9:14pm:
Kenny, the garmin showed 1782 feet of climbing, so that 1900 over 61 miles shouldn't be a big deal.  What you most need to account for is the extra time out in the heat.

Hopefully my Fastback 70LS will be here by then.  That will give me plenty of fluids that I can access easily while riding.  
Tomorrow morning I'm going to attempt a 100k on the Trinity Trails.  If that goes well I think that I will plan on trying the Bicycles Inc ride on Sat.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2012, 10:11pm

I'm thinking I'll do the 60 mile route. It really doesn't have much climbing at all.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print