Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 30th, 2024, 3:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Burleson RBENT ride Sun.  6/30 (Read 6919 times)
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Burleson RBENT ride Sun.  6/30
Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2012, 8:04pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 28th, 2012, 12:51pm:
Key, I'm available pretty much any day you want to ride, unless it's the day some of my grad work is due Smiley.

Joe - that sounds good.  And yes, I forgot to mention that everyone will need either a state park's pass or pay a $1 park fee.

Have you known anyone to bring a trike aboard the light rail and TRE?  Bikes work fine, but trikes?  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #16 - Jun 30th, 2012, 7:53pm

I've not KNOWN anyone, but so long as it's not a packed car They may not say anything.  You could always call the TRE and ask.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #17 - Jun 30th, 2012, 8:07pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 30th, 2012, 7:53pm:
I've not KNOWN anyone, but so long as it's not a packed car They may not say anything.  You could always call the TRE and ask.

Thanks, Greg.
I rode the Dart rail and TRE all last school year, and if one of the two allowed them, I would say the TRE, because there is so much non-seat space on the ends of some of those trains, for handicapped riders.  Never hurts to call, anyway.  

IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #18 - Jun 30th, 2012, 9:55pm

Quote from Action Lad on Jun 30th, 2012, 8:07pm:

Thanks, Greg.
I rode the Dart rail and TRE all last school year, and if one of the two allowed them, I would say the TRE, because there is so much non-seat space on the ends of some of those trains, for handicapped riders.  Never hurts to call, anyway.  

Just tell them that it is a 3 wheeled wheelchair.  I had someone comment "Hey, look a handicapped bicycle" last month while I was riding.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #19 - Jul 1st, 2012, 1:37am

Quote from freakflyer9999 on Jun 30th, 2012, 9:55pm:
Quote from Action Lad on Jun 30th, 2012, 8:07pm:

Thanks, Greg.

Just tell them that it is a 3 wheeled wheelchair.  I had someone comment "Hey, look a handicapped bicycle" last month while I was riding.

Never ceases to get a chuckle from me.   Grin

IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Jul 1st, 2012, 9:05am

I haven't tried the TRE but I have taken my trike on the DART rail before. It wasn't a peak travel time and the train wasn't crowded so there were no problems.

IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #21 - Jul 1st, 2012, 3:22pm

It was a great day for a ride!  Met up with Aikigreg and Alexis, plus Ken and Tiger Mike over on the Trinity River trail system.  I went with MIke and Alexis in the slower group.  The clouds make for a pleasant ride, and the trails were interesting--lovely shade, but crowded for what I am used to (empty county roads).  The lack of car traffic was unique.  Wind off the lake provided a great breeze, but in typical Texas fashion it always seemed to be in our faces.  AFterwards, 4 of us went over to Chipotle for lunch.  It was good, and I brought half my burrito home.  Those things are HUGE!

My thanks to Greg and Alexis for organizing/leading the ride, and to my better half, Dave for helping me get out the door this morning (overslept) and for watching the Monkeys all day while I rode!

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #22 - Jul 1st, 2012, 5:43pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jul 1st, 2012, 3:22pm:
It was a great day for a ride!  Met up with Aikigreg and Alexis, plus Ken and Tiger Mike over on the Trinity River trail system.  I went with MIke and Alexis in the slower group.  The clouds make for a pleasant ride, and the trails were interesting--lovely shade, but crowded for what I am used to (empty county roads).  The lack of car traffic was unique.  Wind off the lake provided a great breeze, but in typical Texas fashion it always seemed to be in our faces.  AFterwards, 4 of us went over to Chipotle for lunch.  It was good, and I brought half my burrito home.  Those things are HUGE!

My thanks to Greg and Alexis for organizing/leading the ride, and to my better half, Dave for helping me get out the door this morning (overslept) and for watching the Monkeys all day while I rode!

It was nice meeting you and Tiger_Mike at the Art Cowson park.  I looke forward to riding with you guys again in the near future.  The wind and clouds were nice today---nature's shade.

IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #23 - Jul 1st, 2012, 7:00pm

"t was nice meeting you and Tiger_Mike at the Art Cowson park.  I looke forward to riding with you guys again in the near future.  The wind and clouds were nice today---nature's shade. "
Ditto's on that. It was great to put faces to the names  Smiley
Thanks Dianna for poking along with me non a much shorter ride than the rest did. Like I always say, I don't ride fast, I don't ride far but I do ride often  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #24 - Jul 1st, 2012, 7:07pm

Dianna & jman, it was nice meeting you today!  Sorry we didn't get to ride together and also that I forgot your names!  embarrassed  I hope you had a nice ride.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #25 - Jul 1st, 2012, 7:25pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jul 1st, 2012, 7:07pm:
Dianna & jman, it was nice meeting you today!  Sorry we didn't get to ride together and also that I forgot your names!  embarrassed  I hope you had a nice ride.

I'm not very good on climbs and knew I was not going to be able to keep up on my barge  Smiley
It was a fun day to ride with the cooler weather here in summertime.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #26 - Jul 1st, 2012, 8:30pm

Joe and Dianna I'm sorry I missed the two of you but I had a great time on the longer ride with Greg.

I also got a few more miles in this evening.  I ended the day with 57.55 miles.  Not quite the 100k I wanted to do but my personal farthest in a day nonetheless.
                         Smiley

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #27 - Jul 1st, 2012, 8:36pm

Quote from Patti on Jul 1st, 2012, 9:05am:
I haven't tried the TRE but I have taken my trike on the DART rail before. It wasn't a peak travel time and the train wasn't crowded so there were no problems.

Thanks, Patti.  I am really emboldened to give it a try.  

Did it not rain in Fort Worth at all?  Well, the weatherman did give it a 20% chance to hit or miss everywhere in DFW.  We got thumped here, briefly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print