Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 30th, 2024, 1:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Burleson RBENT ride Sun.  6/30 (Read 6902 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Burleson RBENT ride Sun.  6/30
Jun 23rd, 2012, 9:57pm

I see there's no close charity ride this next Sunday.  Any interest in doing a RBENT get-together next Sunday?
We'd start at 8am from the parking lot on Bryant Irvin as it crosses over the Trinity Trail.

As usual, distance is totally up to you, since course is an easy out and back on the trail for up to the first 30 miles.  If you did the full 30 miler, there is a water fountain and bathroom 6.5 miles in, and then of course at 23.5 miles on the way back.  I'm sure Alexis would lead that group.  She rides at a 13 mph pace, but anyone wanting to do shorter miles could always stop and turn around and rendevous at the Art Cowsen Trailhead and wait.  The route is 100% on park roads and trails

Here is a link to the 30 mile or under route:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/189058646

Those wanting a bit more adventure could join me on a 47 miler that goes to Aledo and back, with 30 miles of the route being the same as the shorter distance group.  We'd get a convenience store stop and go at about a 15-16 mile pace.

here's the map of the 45 mile route:  The Bent Cow Ride
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/175962710

When done, we could take an easy 1.5 mile ride down the trail at have lunch at Chipotle or Red Hot & Blue for lunch at 11:30-12.

If you're up for it, let me know here.
Greg

« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2012, 9:58pm by aikigreg »  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Burleson RBENT ride Sun.  6/30
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:13pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 23rd, 2012, 9:57pm:
I see there's no close charity ride this next Sunday.  Any interest in doing a RBENT get-together next Sunday?
We'd start at 8am from the parking lot on Bryant Irvin as it crosses over the Trinity Trail.

As usual, distance is totally up to you, since course is an easy out and back on the trail for up to the first 30 miles.  If you did the full 30 miler, there is a water fountain and bathroom 6.5 miles in, and then of course at 23.5 miles on the way back.  I'm sure Alexis would lead that group.  She rides at a 13 mph pace, but anyone wanting to do shorter miles could always stop and turn around and rendevous at the Art Cowsen Trailhead and wait.  The route is 100% on park roads and trails

Here is a link to the 30 mile or under route:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/189058646

Those wanting a bit more adventure could join me on a 47 miler that goes to Aledo and back, with 30 miles of the route being the same as the shorter distance group.  We'd get a convenience store stop and go at about a 15-16 mile pace.

here's the map of the 45 mile route:  The Bent Cow Ride
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/175962710

When done, we could take an easy 1.5 mile ride down the trail at have lunch at Chipotle or Red Hot & Blue for lunch at 11:30-12.

If you're up for it, let me know here.
Greg

Greg,
I was intrigued to do my first Forth Worth group ride when I read your post, (you know that I didn't get the opportunity last year, though I was jonesing for it!!), but lunching at Chipotle has just sealed the deal, if everyone else wants to.  I'm making plans to see you there!  Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm in it for the 47 miler.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2012, 12:02am

We did the 30 mile ride last spring; it was the first long ride for my wife on her new Catrike.  Awesome.

I'll be in San Francisco next week otherwise I would be in.

Email   IP Logged
freakflyer9999

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2012, 8:23am

I'm in for the ride.  If I can keep up, I'd like to do the longer route.

Kenny G
Bacchetta Cafe <SOLD>
Terratrike Cruiser
Bacchetta Strada
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2012, 4:12pm

I may be able to go on the 30 mile route. It sounds fun!  And Chipotle should be great for lunch.

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2012, 11:26am by Monkeywrangler22 »  

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2012, 4:12pm

Ok great!  Sunday it is.  My cell phone is 682-465-5424 if anyone needs anything.  I suggest looking at google maps and make sure you know the starting point.  It's right across from an ACME brick office building - roughly the corner of River Park Drive and Bryant Irvin.

Freaky - We can adjust MANY different ways to make sure things work out for you.
Monkey - that would be great!  I'm sure Alexis would love to have another chica along with her.
Denman - sorry we'll miss you.

Oh, one more thing - the nice thing about our start location is it's right outside our apartment complex.  So if anyone wants to have a swim after lunch, just bring what you need.  I can even serve up some of my famous watermelon and mint daquiris.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #6 - Jun 26th, 2012, 5:10pm

If Rose and I get home at a reasonable hour Saturday night, we'll ride. I'm not at all certain we will, though.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2012, 10:55pm

I'll be there! I like your routes...I've not been riding enough this year to join y'all on the 47 mile route, but I'll do the 30 mile route. Hmm, nice bit of exercise outdoors followed by a big carbo bomb at Chipotles...I'm already looking forward to the afternoon nap that's sure to follow!

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2012, 6:14pm

Hmmm,
Greg, my follow up didn't seem to post a few days ago.  Post in the wrong place?  Anyway, I work every Sunday.  The pay is a lifeline for me, so there is no way I can do without it.  I was so excited to finally do the Fort Worth ride with you finally, after missing all last year.  
Anyway, I will  have to just to a Thursday with you.  This week, at a conference.  Local, but   Kinda bummed.  cry

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2012, 9:59pm

I will try to be there for the 30miler.  What time were y'all thinking of starting out?

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2012, 10:13pm

FYI, Sunday is July 1, not June 30...

Schlitter Encore
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2012, 7:43am

Is there a pay to enter the park area? If my legs allow me, I will enter to meet y'all around Oakmont Park. My wopping average speed is only 9mph acording to my Garmin 305 and unfortunately, it doesn't exagerate like I wished it would Smiley so if I can't keep up with the group, I'll still have a nice Sunday morning ride.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2012, 12:51pm

Key, I'm available pretty much any day you want to ride, unless it's the day some of my grad work is due Smiley.

Joe - that sounds good.  And yes, I forgot to mention that everyone will need either a state park's pass or pay a $1 park fee.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2012, 3:06pm

Quote from aikigreg on Jun 28th, 2012, 12:51pm:
And yes, I forgot to mention that everyone will need either a state park's pass or pay a $1 park fee.

It's not a state park pass that's needed, it's a Corps of Engineers pass.

« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2012, 3:06pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Jun 28th, 2012, 3:48pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Jun 27th, 2012, 10:13pm:
FYI, Sunday is July 1, not June 30...

Smiley I only remember the correct date because it's my #1son's birthday, he'll be OMG 32years old. Man, just when I start feeling young something like this is my wake up call.  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print