Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:23pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Little Rock Rivertrail + Rivers Park Trail (Read 821 times)
scooterdaddy52

rbent member

Little Rock Rivertrail + Rivers Park Trail
Jun 3rd, 2012, 6:33pm

Great week in Arkansas...took my Rans Crankforward Fusion to my son for his birthday . I got to ride the River Trail roundtrip about 14 miles one day over the Big Dam Bridge and the converted Junction railroad bridge. Then yesterday I rode the whole River Trail plus going over a new bridge to 2 Rivers Park plus part of another loop. I am calling at at least 20 miles and my furthest bike ride ever. All together I think I put more miles on it than I had in the year+ that I had it. It was time to thin the herd and continue the search for my perfect ride. I next will finish putting together the Cruzbike Freerider my wife got me for Christmas 2010. I need to fix a seat Strut on the Recycled Mach 1 or 2, I forget which, I bought from J-man, I will put it up for sale. I like the bike on the flats but my balance was to bad to ride the hills. Any suggestions for someone to weld or braze the nut back on the strut. Even better I think there should be something that would fit over it and be sturdier.

IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Little Rock Rivertrail + Rivers Park Trail
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2012, 8:49pm

Quote from scooterdaddy52 on Jun 3rd, 2012, 6:33pm:
Great week in Arkansas...took my Rans Crankforward Fusion to my son for his birthday . I got to ride the River Trail roundtrip about 14 miles one day over the Big Dam Bridge and the converted Junction railroad bridge. Then yesterday I rode the whole River Trail plus going over a new bridge to 2 Rivers Park plus part of another loop. I am calling at at least 20 miles and my furthest bike ride ever.

You go, 'daddy52!   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2012, 10:17pm

Quote from scooterdaddy52 on Jun 3rd, 2012, 6:33pm:
Great week in Arkansas...took my Rans Crankforward Fusion to my son for his birthday . I got to ride the River Trail roundtrip about 14 miles one day over the Big Dam Bridge and the converted Junction railroad bridge. Then yesterday I rode the whole River Trail plus going over a new bridge to 2 Rivers Park plus part of another loop. I am calling at at least 20 miles and my furthest bike ride ever. All together I think I put more miles on it than I had in the year+ that I had it. It was time to thin the herd and continue the search for my perfect ride. I next will finish putting together the Cruzbike Freerider my wife got me for Christmas 2010. I need to fix a seat Strut on the Recycled Mach 1 or 2, I forget which, I bought from J-man, I will put it up for sale. I like the bike on the flats but my balance was to bad to ride the hills. Any suggestions for someone to weld or braze the nut back on the strut. Even better I think there should be something that would fit over it and be sturdier.

That bridge is incredible, I've done it while doing the Big Dam Bridge ride. That part of Arkansas northwest of Little rock is an excellent ride

IP Logged
scooterdaddy52

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2012, 10:32pm

cannot wait to get back to Little Rock. Moved here after growing up in the Little Rock area about 4 years ago, WhenI was there then I climbed Pinnacle Mtn about 4 times a week and was on the River Trail and in Burns Park often on my KickBike Classic and Trikke. Sadly, I promised not to ride the KickBike anymore after I knocked my kneecap off. It all went back together nicely and since I have had a good time trying to find the perfect bike or Trike for me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print