Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ride Report (Read 632 times)
Sweeper

rbent member

Ride Report
May 30th, 2012, 9:49am

Left my house in South Garland about 8:30Am and headed South, after getting an all clear from Ch. 8 weatherman. About 3 miles out, clouds started to move in from the North and wind picking up. I continue with my ride. At 4 miles a loud clap of thunder over my head. It got my attention and when I stopped and looked North over my shoulder saw a huge black thunder storm just behind me and CLOSING fast. My first thought, "I better head home and now." So I did. But, I had to ride through the storm to get to my house. By then, there where lightening flashs and rolling thunder all around me. Not Fun. I made it to the garage safe, but soaked. I put my riding clothing in the dryer for another day. Got a total of 7 miles. Can not say it was a real fun ride.
Looks like a good morning to work a crossword instead. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Ride Report
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2012, 10:02am

Quote from Sweeper on May 30th, 2012, 9:49am:
Left my house in South Garland about 8:30Am and headed South, after getting an all clear from Ch. 8 weatherman. About 3 miles out, clouds started to move in from the North and wind picking up. I continue with my ride. At 4 miles a loud clap of thunder over my head. It got my attention and when I stopped and looked North over my shoulder saw a huge black thunder storm just behind me and CLOSING fast. My first thought, "I better head home and now." So I did. But, I had to ride through the storm to get to my house. By then, there where lightening flashs and rolling thunder all around me. Not Fun. I made it to the garage safe, but soaked. I put my riding clothing in the dryer for another day. Got a total of 7 miles. Can not say it was a real fun ride.
Looks like a good morning to work a crossword instead. Smiley

Hey, why should a city need to hire a cloud seeder? Just send Jim on a solo ride from his home.   Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Ride Report
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2012, 10:11am

I had a Catrike 700 which I named "Thunder & Lightning" it was a fair weather only trike, since I hate cleaning a wet, and therefore dirty, trike.  I have another 700 I didn't so name, and since I had been car free for almost a year, it was often in the rain.  Maybe I should name it "Stormy"  so that no rain will get on it.  Same theory as carrying an umbrella to insure a fair day.  

Crosswords, eh?!  We may be kindred spirits.  Rainy days and crossword puzzles, I totally get it.  Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print