Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:15pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2.2 miles (Read 1094 times)
esbee

rbent member

2.2 miles
May 23rd, 2012, 6:55pm

i know it does not sound like a lot but i will have to start all over again in about 2 weeks after the 2nd hip is done and then wait 4 weeks after that
 Smiley
susan in paris

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Re: 2.2 miles
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2012, 7:23pm

Don't lose heart.  You've been doing the right thing by keeping your activity up.  That will make it easier when you start again.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2012, 8:51pm

When I had my foot reconstructed in 2008, I wasn't allowed to stand on my foot for 8 weeks.  I borrowed a handtrike just to do something.  I totally get it.  But I came back stronger, and so will you!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2012, 8:58am

Quote from esbee on May 23rd, 2012, 6:55pm:
i know it does not sound like a lot but i will have to start all over again in about 2 weeks after the 2nd hip is done and then wait 4 weeks after that
Smiley
susan in paris

The millage is relevant to each rider as they gauge their own body condition. The most important thing to do is don't give up. I just had to sit out almost a month while I was being fitted for new contact s so I can see where I'm going Smiley so right now 8 miles is a great ride for me. Keep up the effort, it will pay great dividends for you health wise and mentally. Least it does for me. Hope I can ride with ya again sometime on the Trinity Trail.
--  
ride log repeat/ Bikejournal.com

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print