Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 10th, 2024, 2:22am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trike Carrier (Read 713 times)
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Trike Carrier
Apr 17th, 2012, 9:41am

I'm looking at this particular model: http://www.hitchrider.com/truckee-switch.htm .  Any advice/recommendations?  It looks like everything else I see out there is closer to $600!  Anyone have this one or one like it?  Any problems or things to look out for?  Thanks!

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Trike Carrier
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2012, 10:51am

I bought one just before the HOT Rally. We've used it three times since then and are really happy with it. It's carried the trikes down to Austin and up to Denton with no problems. With both trikes loaded it was solid and stable during transport.  I read a lot of reviews and Hitchrider seemed to have many happy customers. After doing a lot of research,  I chose this particular model because I wanted a rack that could carry two trikes and I appreciated its vertical, rather than horizontal, configuration. I haven't had occasion to use it yet with a bike, but I expect it should perform equally well.  I'll have to get a receiver put on the Toyota before I can try it on there, but it works great on our van. If you'd like to take a look at it, let me know.

IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2012, 6:40pm

I used to have the single version. It was a very good quality rack and worked like a champ.

Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2012, 10:08pm

Thats what you need I think it would be a good investment.   Smiley

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print