Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:17pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
back in the saddle-sort of (Read 597 times)
esbee

rbent member

back in the saddle-sort of
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:36pm

it has been almost 1 month since my first total hip replacement---the therapist came out today and i asked him 2 questions ---could I get back in my saddle (not on a horse just to sit in a saddle to stretch my legs- answer -NO) ........and could I get back on my trike---his eyes lit up when he saw the trikes and I told him how they are easier on the bottom and other private places...It was easy to get on the trike but  I had to bend my hip too far...so we tried my husband's sun trike which is set for longer legs and I was able to go around full revolutions in pedaling...did not go out of the drive way but will try tomorrow...and will let you know how it goes.  
susan in paris

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: back in the saddle-sort of
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2012, 12:13pm

Keep working that hip---soon you will be able to get into your own trike.  Glad eveything is going well.

IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Re: back in the saddle-sort of
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2012, 5:43pm

I did 10 rounds in my driveway yesterday driving very slowly around the car...i would have gone more but my husband said not to over do it...

I took the trike out today for about 1/2 mile ---beautiful sunny weather-just perfect---I kept it in the easiest gear  possible and went just at a walking pace ...I felt a little tightness in the surgery leg but that is because they pulled the muscle up from the knee during surgery...when they do the next hip I am going to ask them to do a face lift while they are at it....

I  go back to the doctor tomorrow for my first check-up to see if he will release me to work-even though getting out today to go to the store tired  Smileyme out so bad I slept most of the afternoon!!!!  Just came back in from my short ride...I will try to go again a little later.  

susan in paris

p.s. who ever sells these recumbent trikes could make a million selling them to surgery patients for rehab...they are great!!!!  Smiley

« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2012, 5:47pm by esbee »  

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print