Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:18am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Muenster Germanfest Rally, Sat Apr 28, 11AM (Read 4591 times)
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Muenster Germanfest Rally, Sat Apr 28, 11AM
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2012, 2:53pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 18th, 2012, 9:44pm:

I filmed that descent last year hitting 48, one-handed, praying my tires/wheels would hold....  Would have hit 50, but braked briefly at the top before letting it coast...  The front end of the Xstream is too light to want to get into the mid-50s...!!!

So, FLZ, where is this video you speak of?  I wish to live vicariously, since I am not doing Muenster this weekend.  Besides if it is scary enough to view, then maybe Dave will decide discretion is the better part of valor and use his brakes and not try for a new land-speed record!

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2012, 4:24pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 24th, 2012, 2:53pm:
Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Apr 18th, 2012, 9:44pm:

I filmed that descent last year hitting 48, one-handed, praying my tires/wheels would hold....  Would have hit 50, but braked briefly at the top before letting it coast...  The front end of the Xstream is too light to want to get into the mid-50s...!!!

Besides if it is scary enough to view, then maybe Dave will decide discretion is the better part of valor and use his brakes and not try for a new land-speed record!

Nope!  Not going to happen!  I've scouted the hill in question, (I think) via google.  I'll be running a GoPro on the bars so I won't have to one hand it.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2012, 5:55pm

Quote from Monkeywrangler22 on Apr 24th, 2012, 2:53pm:
... maybe Dave will decide discretion is the better part of valor and use his brakes and not try for a new land-speed record!

Then what's the point!?   Smiley

I once did 41.2 (or something like that) early in the morning and all I could see was the moonlit road in front of me.  The lights I was using were nothing more that position lights...I was peddling like a madman (not even clipped in) on a 25 year old Infinity with my GEBE screaming!  What a blast!

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2012, 5:57pm by JimFPU »  

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2012, 7:20pm

My best has been 55 mph on my old DF race bike years ago when I lived in Wisconsin, that was right before the Mercedes driver pulled out in front of me, I had no choice but to just drift the bike into the other lane and pass him.  The look on his face was priceless.

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
Rat Rider
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2012, 2:15pm

Quote from dd5339 on Apr 24th, 2012, 4:24pm:

Nope!  Not going to happen!  I've scouted the hill in question, (I think) via google.  I'll be running a GoPro on the bars so I won't have to one hand it.

Semper Fi

You won't have any question in your mind when you get there. It is a freak compared to everything else. I'll warn you, the last time I was down that particular decline the asphalt was crap. I doubt seriously if Montague county has spent any money on improvements. It would be a hellishly poor choice for laying down some personal parchment.

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print