Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:25pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
last rides before hip surgery (Read 1274 times)
esbee

rbent member

last rides before hip surgery
Feb 25th, 2012, 6:48pm

i rode up and down our road-about 2 miles each way---went slow because i took the dog---she got to ride on the way back  
I hope the weather holds at least for this week  so i can get in a few more days of triking.... I will be having hip surgery mar 6 at plano presbyterian.  then home bound for 4-6 weeks !   then the second hip in june  
xrays showed I have  defective hips, socket covers too much of my hip ball (restricting movement) and  hip angle too straight-answers a lot of questions as to why I was not limber as a kid (most kids are very bendable) and why I could not get up from a sitting position when other kids would pop right up.  And why i stood with  my feet so close together.  and why i now have lots of bone spurs and arthritis!  

Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
shellbear

Re: last rides before hip surgery
Reply #1 - Feb 25th, 2012, 6:57pm

I hope you make a quick and full recovery from your surgeries and are back on the bike soon!  I also hope they give you some awesome pain meds in the interim.  Wink

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2012, 8:48pm

Hope you recover quickly!  Also watch out for some unpleasant psychoactive effects from oxytocin if they give it to you.

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2012, 9:37pm

Gee, if it were only investigated when you were younger.  I wish you a speedy recovery.  Riding works its way into one's being, especially bent riding, especially triking.  Many happy miles to you post recovery, with the wind at your back.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2012, 5:28pm

Best wishes for a strong recovery. Heal well!

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2012, 6:28pm

I hope the hip repair goes well.  Seems to be happening with more frequency among my friends and acquaintences.   The good news is that surgeons are getting more experienced with them!   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2012, 9:42pm

Wishing you a quick recovery, and remember to start doing range-of-motion exercises as soon as you are cleared. But don't start until then. I managed to pull some stitches (internally) and caused a major problem with my gluteus minimus because I felt so good without painkillers that I started moving the leg too far too soon. Well actually I was leading a low-impact aerobics class 36 hours post-op, which was not on my rehab schedule. Smiley Smiley That was what my surgeon did when I told him what I had done.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print