Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 9th, 2024, 6:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More repairs than riding (Read 366 times)
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

More repairs than riding
Feb 23rd, 2012, 4:49pm

The wife and I went out for a ride and I took the trike out.  Smiley Don't think I've ever ridden anything in that bad of shape. Got home and tore into it. Someone had tightened the B screw on the derailleur until it bent. The derailleur was a good two inches from the largest chain ring. I had to remove it, bend the tab back and re-tap the hole. I finally finished that and discovered there was still vibration in the drive line so I checked the idlers. The front has both drive and return chains on the bottom and it wad a solid double idler so the drive side was forcing it to run counter to the return side. I made a phone call and found out its a $250 idler upgrade set that someone put on backwards! While I had the trike on its side I noticed the derailleur cable was run improperly and there were four zip ties broken on the bottom of the seat. I still haven't had a chance to take it back out and see how it rides. I'm hoping I wont actually have to replace the derailleur. I can't imagine what the last owner was thinking. I also have the steering upgrade and the Catrike toe in adjustment tool coming so theres still lots to do.  Smiley

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print