Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 30th, 2024, 3:33pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HEART OF TEXAS RECUMBENT RALLY 2012 (Read 1437 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

HEART OF TEXAS RECUMBENT RALLY 2012
Jan 31st, 2012, 12:07pm

The Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally 2012 is a month away! Check all the details at
www.hotcatrally.com.

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: HEART OF TEXAS RECUMBENT RALLY 2012
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2012, 10:18am

The Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally is almost here! Some last minute notes"

A super laid back roll around the Austin Veloway is being drummed up by several folks for Friday afternoon. Should be a fun time for some fooling around that three mile loop. Bryan Ball is planning to ride in circles with quite a few Bents are getting that rolling.

Looking forward to the presentation by David Eggleston adn John Abbey on Friday night!  

Fun rides Saturday morning. One fast and furious 28 miler for the warriors in the group, and a 13 miler at who cares how fast pace around Pflugerville parks.  Back to Easy Street at 1 for lunch catered by Thundercloud subs -- Austin's BEST. The 2 man show by Bryan Ball and Mike Librik will be all Saturday afternoon. Hope they can inform us on Catrike's new model they are unfolding that same day at the Factory Tour out in Florida. They promise to give us a great performance!  Smiley  

Sunday morning we will take Austin by storm. A ride through UT campus, a photo op at the state Capitol.  

When we are not at the rally, I am sure lots of us will be getting together to eat and swap stories. This is a real recumbent culture event. TOO FUN.  

Check it out at www.hotcatrally.com

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2012, 5:35pm

Quote from texpug on Feb 22nd, 2012, 10:18am:
The Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally is almost here! Some last minute notes"

A super laid back roll around the Austin Veloway is being drummed up by several folks for Friday afternoon. Should be a fun time for some fooling around that three mile loop. Bryan Ball is planning to ride in circles with quite a few Bents are getting that rolling.

Looking forward to the presentation by David Eggleston adn John Abbey on Friday night!

Fun rides Saturday morning. One fast and furious 28 miler for the warriors in the group, and a 13 miler at who cares how fast pace around Pflugerville parks.  Back to Easy Street at 1 for lunch catered by Thundercloud subs -- Austin's BEST. The 2 man show by Bryan Ball and Mike Librik will be all Saturday afternoon. Hope they can inform us on Catrike's new model they are unfolding that same day at the Factory Tour out in Florida. They promise to give us a great performance!  Smiley

Sunday morning we will take Austin by storm. A ride through UT campus, a photo op at the state Capitol.

When we are not at the rally, I am sure lots of us will be getting together to eat and swap stories. This is a real recumbent culture event. TOO FUN.

Check it out at www.hotcatrally.com

Ca I wear my Texas A&M shirt on the ride throu tu and onto the Capitol??? Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Denman

rbent member

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2012, 6:52pm

Quote from Ric_Clark on Feb 22nd, 2012, 5:35pm:

Ca I wear my Texas A&M shirt on the ride throu tu and onto the Capitol??? Smiley Smiley Smiley

Only if you paint a bulls-eye on it.

Email   IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2012, 10:05pm

Quote from Denman on Feb 22nd, 2012, 6:52pm:

Only if you paint a bulls-eye on it.

That is ok as they have a ride in Bastrop on Saturday......

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2012, 7:45am

Dave Rothgeb and I are going down for this, driving down late Friday night.  Who else is going?

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2012, 5:44pm

I've got accommodations for Kathy and me, along with Lynn and Larry.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
jdviz

Mushashi Rider &
Sloshbuckler

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2012, 8:20pm

Elizabeth and I are heading down that Friday afternoon. We'll be staying with some friends and we'll see y'all the following morning. We're still deciding which ride we're doing on Saturday.

JD-
Musashi Rider
www.sloshbucklers.com
WWW   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2012, 9:07pm

Only if I can wear my Baylor jersey.  Wink

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print