Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 30th, 2024, 11:50pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rockwall "Fitness Ride", Sunday 2PM (Read 669 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Rockwall "Fitness Ride", Sunday 2PM
Jan 28th, 2012, 3:01pm

The Rockwall Cycling store (Steger Towne Center, Rockwall, next to the Target) does their "Fitness Ride" group (not the Race Group) at 2PM on Sundays during this time of year.  Tomorrow looks like a reasonably sunny day, with light winds, and I'm going to head out there to do the ride with whomever shows up.  Sometimes they do the South route out to Blackland and back for 32, and sometimes they go North to Lavon and back.  Typical rolling speed is 16-18mph...  Both routes have a bit o' climbing involved, here and there.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Rockwall "Fitness Ride", Sunday 2PM
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2012, 8:44pm

I think I'm in for this if you don't mind rolling with me in the event I have trouble keeping the pace. I may be closer to the bottom end of that average. I'll bring the low racer to help with that as much as possible.  

If not. No big deal. I was planning to head to WRL for the afternoon. I figured Jay would be there and it has been a while since I had my rear handed to me by someone in the 70+ age group.  Wink

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2012, 11:00pm

Quote from TonyWard on Jan 28th, 2012, 8:44pm:
I think I'm in for this if you don't mind rolling with me in the event I have trouble keeping the pace. I may be closer to the bottom end of that average. I'll bring the low racer to help with that as much as possible.

If not. No big deal. I was planning to head to WRL for the afternoon. I figured Jay would be there and it has been a while since I had my rear handed to me by someone in the 70+ age group.  Wink

Man do I know what that is.....as I go up the new trail after the spillway, he FLYs past me without any effort at all.  By the time we reach the paddle boats he is ready to go and I am dying...... Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2012, 11:45am

Quote from TonyWard on Jan 28th, 2012, 8:44pm:

No problem, can do!  See you out there...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print