Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:23pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Waco Wild West Century (Read 780 times)
shellbear

Waco Wild West Century
Sep 18th, 2011, 7:34am

I did 67 miles on my Musashi yesterday at the Waco Wild West Century ride.  Saw Dan (who did the 50 mile route) and Patti and her crew (I believe they did the 25 mile option).  I also saw a couple of guys at Rest Stop 5 late in the day: if you're here, I'm sorry I was so rude to not have gotten your names!  This was a great ride with the exception of them not having any food at the end!!  That's ok, I just stopped by Vitek's and got a Gut Pak.  I think I earned it. Wink  I hadn't ridden in Waco since college!  There were definitely some difficult climbs on the route, and my upright friends who did the full century confirmed that they, too, had a challenging day.  

Just heading out this morning for about 36 around WRL as a little recovery ride.  Should be a nice cool morning, maybe I'll get some rain sprinkles as well.  
Shelley

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Waco Wild West Century
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2011, 3:15pm

My husband, son and I rode the WWW again this year. Wow, was it good to get back on the trike. I've only ridden once since the end of July so I was grateful for the opportunity to do the 25 instead of the 50 this year. It was a beautiful, cool morning and the last part of the ride, along the river and through Cameron Park was gorgeous. As usual, the fine folks in Waco knocked themselves out putting it all together and making it a great ride for everyone. Got to talk to Shelly,  just briefly, before the start then saw several other trikes and recumbent bikes at the start. One bike in particular caught my attention - a Bilensky Tandem with recumbent front and upright back. I thought Hase was the only company that made that style.  had never heard of a Bilensky before so it was nice to see something special.

IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Waco Wild West Century
Reply #2 - Sep 21st, 2011, 10:16am

I really missed not doing this ride this year.  Next year it's a MUST.  Ok, so I'm addicted to the M&M's.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print