Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Did you ride today? (Read 24889 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Did you ride today?
Reply #75 - Aug 24th, 2011, 9:35pm

I had a strange one today, went to White Rock expecting a 3 or 4 lap ride in 105 degree heat...

While unloading the bike a strong wind dropped the temp down to 85...

While doing the first lap it started raining on the south side dropping the temp to 75...

Rain hung around all through lap 1 but cleared up and I did another 3, kinda fun

IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #76 - Aug 25th, 2011, 9:06pm

Finished 40 mile ride around Grapevine/DFW Airport, NOW I'm ready for HHH!

IP Logged
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #77 - Aug 25th, 2011, 9:59pm

yesterday (8/24) headed up to the PBA Celebration ride for a change of pace. Temperature was hanging at 106° while I was getting ready. Suddenly a strong gust front and a load of dust slammed us from the east - no rain, but the temp dropped 10° immediately and another 10° during the ride. This was not a fast ride - Plano out to Celebration Park in Allen, a couple laps of the loop, and back to Plano - but it was a fun change of pace for me - avg 17.4; 672 ft climb; 31.6 miles. First time doing this ride in 3 years - new scenery; new faces!

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2011, 10:02pm by square_corners »  
Email   IP Logged
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #78 - Aug 25th, 2011, 10:01pm

Today, had planned on STCC (Shawnee Trail Cycle Club in Frisco) but didn't get away from work in time. Instead, I headed down to Poteet HS in Mesquite to do a ride I hadn't done since I first started riding recumbent. I was shocked at how easy the hills were down there, this time, as opposed to the last time I'd done this ride. It was alot of fun. I'll be doing this one during the next couple of weeks, i think. Bonus - it's close to home!
AVG 18.5 / climb 885 ft / 30.7 mi

Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #79 - Aug 26th, 2011, 8:37am

I was only able to get in 3 early morning rides for abt 20 miles.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
bobcat377

rbent member

Reply #80 - Aug 26th, 2011, 11:08am

Rolled out at 5:15 a.m.  80.24 miles @ 16.7 mph.  I think I am getting my legs back.  Hope to break into the 17-18 mph range for a 100 miles.  Need a little more work plus not riding with lights.

Email   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #81 - Aug 28th, 2011, 8:25pm

yup!   SmileyRode twice- First we went to the Paris Civic Center and rode around there, my husband on his Sun and me on my Schwinn.  He can't ride too far or long yet so doing 2  1/2 miles is good  and improving from just 1/2 mile at a time. I later rode this evening around the neighborhoods on both sides of the highway where there are some slight up and down hills and some that are a little steeper...the mileage shows I  did about 11 miles.  I really need to get my own bent trike--- mainly because my feet barely touch the pedals and I need a padded pillow behind me to help me reach the pedals.  Yes, we move the seat as far forward as it will go.  Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #82 - Aug 28th, 2011, 11:36pm

Demonstrated how to ride in the heat for my church today. I don't know how you guys do it, but I did my 7 miles today in 105F by hydrating and staying within my limits as a rider and not riding harder than my body could reject the heat. Funny thing is I only lost about.5 MPH off my average speed between the 80F days and the 100+F days. Anyway 16 miles for the weekend of just going places I had to go and doing things I had to do.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #83 - Aug 29th, 2011, 7:37am

Got early start and rode the long route past Baylor Hospital at the start for total of 21 miles. The accumulated effects of constant hot days is getting to me, so Mon not even poking my head out the door.It's tough enough for a healthy person out there but you add fighting physical disability and meds all day long and the heat factor seems to multiply its fatigue factor. Hope everyone heeds the heat warnings, wouldn't want to read about any of the rbenters in the obit section of the paper.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #84 - Aug 29th, 2011, 11:20am

Me and Keith rode the lake today 9.75 miles. Halfway around the lake we got rained on and it was a cold rain tooo. Felt real good. We saw Kenny on the lake with his kayak..I hollerd at hime but he couldn't hear me..

Keep Pedaling,the power coming
Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Homebuilt Squared High Racer (20")
Catrike Expedition ( Red)
Wife: Sun Tadpole Trike
Email   IP Logged
bobcat377

rbent member

Reply #85 - Aug 30th, 2011, 2:29pm

Rolled out before leaving for work and got 21 miles in.  Really pretty at Lake Benbrook except for the low water levels.  I have lived by Lake Benbrook for 20 years and never seen it this low.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #86 - Aug 30th, 2011, 5:00pm

Got in 53 miles on the Clown ride. Ten riders today. After 3-1/2 laps, 6 of us peeled off and went up the White Rock Trail. Didn't get our ice cream fix at the Tennis Center, because it was closed.  Sad  The three of us that came back down the Trail were in a weakened state (no ice cream in our stomachs). Larry K on his recently purchased Bacchetta Corsa and I on my classic Musashi had fun racing on West Lawther. On our second lap, when I was still fresh, outran a young roadie riding at 24+ mph on West Lawther. Oh the shame - passed by a septuagenarian on a recumbent.  Smiley  Today, Bob M's brand new, red RANS Formula LE with sparkle clear-coat finish made its first appearance on a Clown ride.

Bob M. on his new Formula LE. In background is Carolyn T. on her P-38 and Victor D. on his new RANS SXP.

Email   IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #87 - Aug 30th, 2011, 8:33pm

Quote from jayg on Aug 30th, 2011, 5:00pm:
Got in 53 miles on the Clown ride. Ten riders today. After 3-1/2 laps, 6 of us peeled off and went up the White Rock Trail. Didn't get our ice cream fix at the Tennis Center, because it was closed.  Sad  The three of us that came back down the Trail were in a weakened state (no ice cream in our stomachs). Larry K on his recently purchased Bacchetta Corsa and I on my classic Musashi had fun racing on West Lawther. On our second lap, when I was still fresh, outran a young roadie riding at 24+ mph on West Lawther. Oh the shame - passed by a septuagenarian on a recumbent.

Way to go Jay...... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #88 - Aug 31st, 2011, 10:26pm

A little over 9 miles going to the grocery store and the "party". It was a little cooler out there but still too hot.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #89 - Sep 1st, 2011, 7:24pm

Rode 53 miles on the Clown Ride, today. Ten for breakfast at Barbec's and nine riders. After doing WRL laps, six riders went up the White Rock Trail. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the Tennis Center was open for a wealthy matron's tournament (Lexis', Cadillacs, Mercedes', BMWs, etc. , everywhere). Ice cream on a stick was enjoyed by all. John S. had delicious Richardson ice water waiting in his car for the three riders that accompanied him to Anderson Bonner Park at IH 635. Three of us returned to the lower Winfrey Point parking lot at WRL, ate lunch under a tree, and discussed bike things. Larry K. has gone into high gear, since he acquired his Bacchetta Corsa, so he and I ramped it up a little bit, today. My computer registered a 16.1 mph average (my highest on a Clown Ride) and a 29.4 mph top speed. Gave my recently-modified Baron a good test, today. Changed the stock 9-speed drivetrain to close-ratio 10-speed. I can say that this modification has improved the rideability of the bike, but it is still not any faster than my close-ratio 10-speed Musashi. I still feel the Musashi is easier to crank at 21 mph, and above, and it accelerates faster, due to its lower weight and lighter wheels.

« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2011, 7:33pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print