Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:14pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Did you ride today? (Read 24866 times)
Bud_Bent

Re: Did you ride today?
Reply #60 - Aug 21st, 2011, 5:34pm

I joined Mark and Diane, who were on their tandem, and rode my Peachy Keene 200K permanent this morning. We started out at 5:00 am so we wouldn’t be riding too many hours after it reached 100 degrees this afternoon.

My legs really had nothing early, a result of riding to work all five days this week, I guess. But I got stronger as the day went, and didn’t need my granny chainring for Orphan Hill at mile 70. That only happens on days when I’m feeling pretty good.

We ended up finishing just before 2:30 this afternoon. I ended up with 124.5 miles. Total time was 9:28. It had gotten seriously hot by the time we finished, but the early start kept us from getting cooked too many hours, and Mark and Diane were great company as always, so it was a good ride.

« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2011, 5:35pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #61 - Aug 21st, 2011, 8:51pm

I wanna have Jay's bike stable when I grow up....     Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #62 - Aug 21st, 2011, 8:59pm

Due to Actionbent's demise...is Jay now the new Performance distibutor?

Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #63 - Aug 21st, 2011, 9:18pm

I heard rumors that he was starting up a recumbent bike rental shop on the lake...... don't know if that is true but it is what i heard.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #64 - Aug 21st, 2011, 10:31pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Aug 21st, 2011, 8:51pm:

Me TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #65 - Aug 21st, 2011, 10:44pm

Summer's over for me, (sniff, sniff!).  Still no car.  No problem.  McKinney -- Irving Express pressed into service:  43.37 miles at 2:16 a.m. with a (for here) balmy 87 degrees was just a slice of Heaven I didn't want to end.  On the way back, 107 deg., on Dallas and Richardson peanut brittle concrete which flatted me three times, and exhausted my fixit supply.  Called for a SAG.  2,000 summer miles and no flats.  

Today's commute to Inwood and NW Hwy was like a vacation in comparison....er...except for the motoron Southbound at Spring Valley and Central.  He's behind me as the light turns green.  Everyone else is gone.  He stays behind, I wave him on, he won't come around, so I come to full halt.  He jams to a screeching halt to intimidate, so I got out of the trike and pulled out the pistol.  He gets out, "What am I supposed to do with you in the middle of the road?!"  >>"Go around me.  You don't just hang in back of a bike."  >>"Oh, I have something in the trunk that's more powerful than that, I guarantee you that!"
While I look for the iPhone, he takes off.  
That's why I record my rides.  Didn't happen to have it on then, but I did report the guy to police down the street.  He said the guy will get a visit from them, and gave me an incident # to find out how it went.   One day, motorists won't have the upper hand at the incident.  However that works out, I truly believe that.  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #66 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 5:00pm

You should have spoken sooner, as I've already willed my cycles to another RBENT member.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #67 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 5:08pm

Quote from johnnybent on Aug 21st, 2011, 8:59pm:
Due to Actionbent's demise...is Jay now the new Performance distibutor?

The only thing I've distributed lately is money to Performer's real rep.  Smiley  Speaking of Performer, when are we going to see you riding your red Performer Agenda mid racer? It's having to feel really neglected by now.

Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #68 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 6:56pm

Well, I waited for someone to report on the Clown ride today looks like I will. 14 for breakfast and all rode there own pace and distance. Good to see JoEllia ,today, back from surgery.  Smiley GO CLOWNS!!!

IP Logged
maylor

rbent member

Reply #69 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 7:22pm

Quote from kenbent6 on Aug 23rd, 2011, 6:56pm:
Well, I waited for someone to report on the Clown ride today looks like I will. 14 for breakfast and all rode there own pace and distance. Good to see JoEllia ,today, back from surgery.  Smiley GO CLOWNS!!!

Ken your the man!!!

Glad Joella is doing good.

Catrike Road
Email   IP Logged
LightningPilot

Reply #70 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 8:42pm

Quote from Action Lad on Aug 21st, 2011, 10:44pm:
Summer's over for me, (sniff, sniff!).  Still no car.  No problem.  McKinney -- Irving Express pressed into service:  43.37 miles at 2:16 a.m. with a (for here) balmy 87 degrees was just a slice of Heaven I didn't want to end.  On the way back, 107 deg., on Dallas and Richardson peanut brittle concrete which flatted me three times, and exhausted my fixit supply.  Called for a SAG.  2,000 summer miles and no flats.  

Today's commute to Inwood and NW Hwy was like a vacation in comparison....er...except for the motoron Southbound at Spring Valley and Central.  He's behind me as the light turns green.  Everyone else is gone.  He stays behind, I wave him on, he won't come around, so I come to full halt.  He jams to a screeching halt to intimidate, so I got out of the trike and pulled out the pistol.  He gets out, "What am I supposed to do with you in the middle of the road?!"  >>"Go around me.  You don't just hang in back of a bike."  >>"Oh, I have something in the trunk that's more powerful than that, I guarantee you that!"
While I look for the iPhone, he takes off.  
That's why I record my rides.  Didn't happen to have it on then, but I did report the guy to police down the street.  He said the guy will get a visit from them, and gave me an incident # to find out how it went.   One day, motorists won't have the upper hand at the incident.  However that works out, I truly believe that.  

Glad you're on our team  Smiley

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011, 8:43pm by LightningPilot »  

Carolyn Trimble
2001 Lightning P38
2005 Lightning P38
2000 Litespeed Ultimate
1988 Hujsak Century
  IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #71 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 9:07pm

Jay has already has willed them to me...he told me that....I swear

IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #72 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 9:09pm

Finished 50 mile ride in Flower Mound/Lantana.

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #73 - Aug 23rd, 2011, 10:06pm

Late start at Poteet again, doing 22.5 miles solo down to Hwy 80 and back the same route as out, wearing the TiM cooling vest....  This summer is wreaking havoc on road surfaces, creating all kinds of new cracks to watch out for...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #74 - Aug 24th, 2011, 7:58pm

I rode to work Monday, yesterday, and today. It was some seriously hot afternoons again (107 today). I was on tired legs Monday and yesterday from the 200K on Sunday.

It's a short commute week for me this week. I'm taking tomorrow and Friday off the bike, resting for HHH on Saturday.

2011 days ridden to work: 143
2011 commuting mileage: 3491.8

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Send Topic Print