Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:24pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Did you ride today? (Read 24828 times)
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Did you ride today?
Reply #15 - Aug 12th, 2011, 2:36pm

Got in a nice sunrise ride 22miles through the Trinity Trails and out Oakmount Park up Bryant Irving. Talked with RANS owner Mike under a shade tree near Low Level Dam 1 before continuing to Oakmount Park. Loved the cloud cover, it sure made for a pleasant Fri.morning. Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2011, 8:51pm

yup, just got in from riding down the road about .69 mile to where my 30 yr old horse has a pasture to help a friend doctor her 30 yr old mare.  Then rode back home and then my hubby did 3/4 mile WITH THE BREAK ON ALL THE WAY ( Smiley he forgot to undo the little button you press down on the handle bar. Then I rode around the block a little more...wish we had more places to ride.  

Susan And Stephen Barackman from Paris, tX
fine art from Morning Light Studio
http://susanbarackman.freeservers.com

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #17 - Aug 12th, 2011, 8:53pm

SPELLING CORRECTION---RODE WITH THE BRAKE ON....
I can spell, I just can't type! Smiley
Susan and Stephen from Paris, t

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Reply #18 - Aug 12th, 2011, 9:24pm

Did a short ride this morning on the Trinity Trail before going to work. Talked with JMan briefly - It was good to chat in person after reading so many of his posts. Maybe good news on the TT construction front also. I spoke with one of the guys working on the section near Bryant Irvin road - he said they were going to finish up on Tuesday with their work, so concrete could be going back in on Wednesday. Woo-hoo! that detour section is where I cut a sidewall and flatted a tire a couple of weeks ago right at dusk.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #19 - Aug 13th, 2011, 7:55pm

I'm in Nebraska...riding.... home of the greatest football team in the country. Cool   Details later.  Dear Aggie please do not throw anything at the screen...

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2011, 8:49pm by johnnybent »  
Email   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Aug 13th, 2011, 8:22pm

Even though it was wet and rain in the area I just could not sit home and see a cloudy day pass, after all it is August and the rain is not cold so off I went. What's a little rain and slick road to a CLOWN. 30 miles, we need more RAIN!!!  Smiley

IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #21 - Aug 13th, 2011, 8:46pm

Only got in 6.5 but it was nice to have clouds and not feel like I was on a roasting skewer. I got a little distracted enjoying the wet day and almost became a hood orniment in Hulen Mall Parking lot  Smiley, glad those Conti's stop great wet or dry.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #22 - Aug 13th, 2011, 9:19pm

Nope, I didn't ride today. I got up at 4:00 am, got my cycling stuff on, ate breakfast, and started getting my cycling stuff ready. Only then did I look at the weather radar and realize there was going to be strange wet stuff falling from the sky for hours. I went back to bed.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #23 - Aug 13th, 2011, 11:30pm

Quote from johnnybent on Aug 13th, 2011, 7:55pm:
I'm in Nebraska...riding.... home of the greatest football team in the country. Cool   Details later.  Dear Aggie please do not throw anything at the screen...

Too late,  Smiley               I already broke my computer keyboard reading these inaccurate  Smiley     statements.....

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #24 - Aug 14th, 2011, 8:10am

Well Ihope you didnt read it while you where eating.  Now I have to deal with these folks from OHIO.

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #25 - Aug 14th, 2011, 8:25am

I rode in a small rally (Kool Aid) in Hastings Nebr. on Saturday. They run it on a shoe string buget. If they had 200 if would be pushing it. No police no EMT very small rest stops wth just barey the basics. We are spoiled with the rest stops at our rallies. The roads are glass smooth, most with shoulders. The route (65mi) was rolling hills and always long accents. Flat is a relative term here. In a car is seems that way but try it on a bike. There were NO DOGS! Repeat NO DOGS. The wind was also a factor yesterday...always seemed to be changing no matter what direction you went. After the ride there was a free buffet at a local motel.

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #26 - Aug 14th, 2011, 3:04pm

I took off from home on the Corsa around 6:20 this morning and rode 93.4 miles. A good bit of that was my Crowley Cricket Crunch permanent route. One thing I wanted to do was check CR 405 to see if Johnson County had finally paved it again. It had been gravel for long enough that I had finally re-routed Crowley Cricket Crunch around it. But, it’s paved now, so I can change it back.

There were a few showers around, but I never got rained on. I did see a nice rainbow just south of Burleson. The clouds lasted until 11:00 am, and it was getting pretty hot by the time I got home just before 1:00 pm. Winds stayed light for the entire ride.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #27 - Aug 14th, 2011, 3:29pm

52 miles at WRL - ran into Jay towards the end of my ride and tried to do a fast lap with him but he rode me into the ground on his Baron.  I was flying so fast on the west side of the lake trying to catch him that my kickstand had enough and ejected from my bike.  Didn't discover that until I got back to my car.  Got a few bonus miles backtracking to find it with no luck.  Jay took another lap and just called saying he found it!  

It had been so long since I had seen his Baron I thought maybe he had turned it into yard art.

I'm off to Florida tomorrow for a week on the beach but I'll be back in time for HHH.  Hope to see everyone there!

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #28 - Aug 14th, 2011, 3:38pm

Put 31 miles on the Musashi at WRL, yesterday. Ran across Steve S. riding his Catrike 700. This was his first outing since he injured his right leg in June. After Steve packed it in and went home, I ran across Bob M. on his Cartrike 700 and rode the rest of the time with him. Later, Bob and I ran across Mark L. in the Dallas Bike Works parking lot, just after he had completed his riding for the day. This was Mark's first WRL ride since returning from Wisconsin (Where he participated in the Hostle Shoppe recumbent rally) and Illinois. Got to see the police stop and ticket a guy driving a car on the Path at Tee Pee Hill. He was apparently not drunk, and was not old and confused, so I don't know what his excuse was.  Smiley

Put 43 miles on the Baron at WRL, today. Initially, ran across Grady B. riding his new, blinged-out Musashi and rode with him. We had to pretty much stick to the roads, because there was a big running event taking place and the Path was jammed with runners. Later, Grady and I ran across Lynn M, Carolyn T, Larry K, and Tony W at Tee Pee Hill. Larry is a recent recumbent convert (Had been riding a hybrid bike) who is trying to decide which type of recumbent to buy. He has been riding Lynn's P-38 and was giving Carolyn's Bacchetta Corsa a try this morning. Had some fun with Tony. He was riding his low racer, and we did some high-speed riding on the east side Path with me drafting him. Also, we did some high-speed riding on West Lawther. After riding the Musashi, yesterday, and the Baron, today, I'm pretty well convinced that it takes a little less effort to cruise at 23 mph on the Musashi than on the Baron. After I receive the parts this week, I'm going to convert the Baron's 9-speed drive train to close-ratio 10-speed, like the Musashi's, and see if it makes a difference.

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #29 - Aug 14th, 2011, 5:50pm

Rode around the area of Kearney ne. The city has put in place paths much like WRL. It didnt exist when i went to school here and it very nice. We roll the town up by 5 so there's little traffic in the evening. Nice smooth, wide roads and NO DOGS. IF old man winter didnt reside here half the year this area would be nice to live.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print