Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Did you ride today? (Read 24825 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Did you ride today?
Reply #135 - Sep 12th, 2011, 9:28pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Sep 11th, 2011, 4:37pm:
I rode the 60 mile route at the Cowtown Classic yesterday. I spoke to Joe, Diane, Eddie, and Mark L before the ride, and saw Mark L again afterwards (great to see y'all!). I like the route this ride uses, but it's not a great route for speed. It's mostly tiny Johnson County roads, with lots of turns, gravel in many of the turns, and some rough stretches of road. I didn't hear how the turnout was, but there looked to be several hundred riders.

I rode to the start of the ride, then home again, so ended up with 69.7 miles. On the ride itself, I had a total of 60.3 miles. I only made one 5 minute stop and finished the ride in 3:21. My on the bike average was 18.4 mph. That's probably about as fast as I can do this route, almost 1 mph faster than I was on it last year.

It's an odd course, can't get much speed on the first third of the route with the turns and rough road but it really screams after that. I finished with a 20.9 average and didn't stop at all, ended up being a decent ride but next year I'll likely do the Pryor Oklahoma DJ Jam ride and look for more dogs to hit

IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #136 - Sep 12th, 2011, 9:45pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Sep 12th, 2011, 7:02am:
Quote from shellbear on Sep 11th, 2011, 8:37pm:
Rode the Musashi 32 miles on the GDB Sunday Roll.  I was the only 'bent, but had a lovely time!  We ended up going to the Dallas Farmer's Market and getting free ice cream samples.  :-D  Yes, I'm still riding the Musashi until I get my frame replaced.  No sign of a fracture at the documented site but I'm inspecting it before each ride...

I'll be on the Sunday Roll next weekend -- been doing other things for the past month!  C'mon back out next week!   I love that ride -- very social, and very exploratory.

It's all good, I hadn't been since the last time you and I were out there together several months ago.  Busy summer: two nephews came into the world and I bought a house last month!  I need to ride a bunch in the coming weeks so I hope to see you out there.  Smiley

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #137 - Sep 13th, 2011, 5:55pm

11 miles going to pick up some junk today. Out and back before the heat got too bad.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #138 - Sep 13th, 2011, 6:23pm

I did a 7 mile ride early so I could miss the century temps, 16 yesterday was fun but I have to take a break wed. to get other stuff done darnit.  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #139 - Sep 13th, 2011, 6:48pm

Did 42 miles on the Clown Ride. Ten riders showed up today. The City is in the process of replacing the deteriorated asphalt on the Southeast portion of the WRL Path, so we had to negociate two detours. East Lawther will be closed to autos for a period of time, due to Path traffic being routed on to it. So, the lower Winfrey Point parking lot will be inaccessable for a while. Larry K and I experienced carb overload, today. We had ice cream at the Tennis Center on the White Rock Trail, joined Kenny J for carbonated drinks and sandwiches under a tree at the Lake, and then all three of us went to one of Kenny's favorite places, the Dairy-ette on Ferguson Road, for delicious homemade root beer in chilled mugs and tater tots. A young roadie made my day, this afternoon. Saw him approaching from behind on the Northern portion of the Path and poured on the coals to try to keep him from catching me. He pulled along side when I slowed down on the long Path bridge over the Lake and called me a "cheater".  Smiley  I was riding the Carbent with its new Ultremo ZX tires.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #140 - Sep 16th, 2011, 12:06am

With car still in shop, (since early summer), I am experiencing the carfree life.  I commute back and forth to the storage facility, in Plano, to change and to put the trike away, then walk for about 14 minutes to the train; a 64 estimate.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Ric_Clark

2012 ~ Musashi

Reply #141 - Sep 16th, 2011, 9:31am

Quote from jayg on Sep 13th, 2011, 6:48pm:
Did 42 miles on the Clown Ride. Ten riders showed up today. The City is in the process of replacing the deteriorated asphalt on the Southeast portion of the WRL Path, so we had to negociate two detours. East Lawther will be closed to autos for a period of time, due to Path traffic being routed on to it. So, the lower Winfrey Point parking lot will be inaccessable for a while. Larry K and I experienced carb overload, today. We had ice cream at the Tennis Center on the White Rock Trail, joined Kenny J for carbonated drinks and sandwiches under a tree at the Lake, and then all three of us went to one of Kenny's favorite places, the Dairy-ette on Ferguson Road, for delicious homemade root beer in chilled mugs and tater tots. A young roadie made my day, this afternoon. Saw him approaching from behind on the Northern portion of the Path and poured on the coals to try to keep him from catching me. He pulled along side when I slowed down on the long Path bridge over the Lake and called me a "cheater".  Smiley  I was riding the Carbent with its new Ultremo ZX tires.    

He was just embarrassed you were kicking his butt Jay Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ric Clark

I will persist until I succeed...

Gig em AGGIES, Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #142 - Sep 16th, 2011, 8:06pm

Got in almost 27 miles this morning. I started out intending to do just my little 7 mile mall ride but when I got home the power on the block was out, well no sense sitting in a dark apartment on such a fall like morning, so turned around and headed to the Trinity for about 20 more miles. Past a Bachetta on my way back westy on the trail. It was one of ours cause he called out "hey jman!" Smiley , well my brain was out to lunch and the bent gone before I came out of my ride induced cloud, sorry bout that. I'll pay closser attention next time. I have been known to drift into autopilot on tghe trail and only snap back to rality when I hear a loud "on your left!"  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #143 - Sep 16th, 2011, 9:57pm

2 miles yesterday, 7 miles in the rain tonight. Interesting thing about riding a bicycle in Garland in the rain, people will move waaayyy over to not pass too close to you, one guy passed in the ditch on the other side of the road and nobody passed closer than over in the next lane. This in a stretch where most drivers figure if the don't hit me it was a safe pass. Smiley I'm not sure what this means but the working theory is if I'm riding a bike in weather they don't even want to be out driving in I might hurt their car if the hit me, or they might get hurt if they make me mad by passing close enough for me to hit them... I don't care what their problem is so lo9ng as they pass with enough clearance to not scare me.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #144 - Sep 17th, 2011, 11:35am

Got off the train in Plano, anticipating the 15 mile ride home, when I noticed it was raining steadily, and it looked like it wasn't going to stop before for quite some time.  Oh well, once I realized I was going to be wet, it wasn't a bad ride at all.  There were, of course, the Lookie Loos who wanted to see the spectacle...now in the wet...who refused to go around me.  
Funny how the trike is so quiet in the wet.  Tracks like I never left the rails.  Got home in a high-average time.  Today's task, to clean the rain-spotted trike, the reason I don't ride in the rain regularly.   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #145 - Sep 17th, 2011, 7:18pm

I rode to work all five days this week. Monday and Tuesday afternoons were both over 100 degrees. Tuesday afternoon was 107 degrees. That’s the hottest that’s ever been recorded here this late in the year. Tuesday was the 70th day of 100+ degree temperatures here, also a record.

Cloud cover on Wednesday kept the temperature under 100, and a front on Thursday cooled it into the 80′s. Hopefully, we’ve seen the last of 100 degrees here this year.

2011 days ridden to work: 157
2011 commuting mileage: 3835.2

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print