Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:22pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Did you ride today? (Read 24824 times)
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Did you ride today?
Reply #120 - Sep 10th, 2011, 9:22pm

Quote from TonyWard on Sep 10th, 2011, 8:31pm:
Commuted to the east side ride this morning - about 5 miles from the finish of the ride, someone had a fl@t.  After it was changed and we started to roll again, I discovered my rear tire had flatted as well.  We did a quick inspection and couldn't find anything in the tire, threw my spare tube in and got back on the road.  No more than 1 mile later I hear something........I had my fingers crossed that it was Jay's freewheel.......it wasn't.  I fl@tted again.   Smiley  Luckily Jay is a speed demon and he was able to chase the group down and they came back to my rescue with a patch kit (which I thought I had in my bag but didn't)  John tracked down what we thought was the issue with some faulty rim tape and did a fix in the field that let me manage to finish the ride.  Have I mentioned how much I enjoy riding with this good group of people ( including RBENTer's Jay, RichardR, & Carolyn who sent her husband back in his truck in case I needed a sag)!  Luckily the ride ends next to PCF so I could go in and get some new rim tape, patch kit, extra tubes & CO2 cartridges.  $40 later I was walking out the door - stuff sure seems to add up fast huh?  Rode over to Potbelly's for lunch with the group.  Having 60 miles in on a planned 100 mile day I didn't let the previous day's issues put a damper on such a beautiful day.  Filled up my bottles after lunch and zig zagged through Richardson to WRT and headed down to the lake for a lap.  Then found my way North back up to Miller and headed east across Dallas & Garland to Rowlett.  I am glad to report that in the entire ride I didn't run across a single aggresive/hostile driver.  In fact I stopped at the 7-11 next to the lake and had a car full of teenagers tell me to go ahead b/c they wanted to see how I rode my Corsa.  They were out crusing the lake and gave a little honk goodbye when they passed me on the west side.   It sure is refreshing to run into someone like that rather than someone who just gets behind you and lays on the horn.  

Finished with 100.4 miles and felt great at the end.  During my first century last year at HHH I struggled from mile 80-100 so I sure had a big mental block that I couldn't ride that far again.  It was great to overcome that mental hurdle.    It was a long day - rolled out of my drive way at 6:45 am and rolled in about 5:15 but I had a blast!!!

While Tony and I were in PCF, we were approached by one of the customers concerning a low mileage Bacchetta he had for sale. We recommended he join RBENT and advertise it under "Marketplace". He said it was blue and had two 26" wheels (an older Giro 26?). Also, Sales Manager, Greg, approached me and said he had a customer that wanted to sell a CA 2.0. I recommended that it too be advertised on RBENT. So, maybe these bikes will be advertised soon (or maybe not).  

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #121 - Sep 10th, 2011, 9:45pm

Terrie and I rode WRL on Friday, with Dave Rothgeb, and his wife Barb on her Tour Easy he got her from RatRider...  Here's a short video as we were just kinda getting started -- it's only Barb's second time on the bike, and she hasn't done any riding in several years.

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2011, 9:48pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #122 - Sep 11th, 2011, 11:23am

I rode the Velo Venus populaire yesterday with a nice mix of LSR folks as a birthday ride.  I rode my age in miles--then I had to ride two more miles to get back to my car.  What a nice day for a ride!  They ruined the chip seal on the 287 access road, near the start and finish, by covering it with smooth macadam.  But Johnson County countered by putting fresh chip seal on the highway into and out of Venus!  I scared some people on my new bike, but I didn't fall off once!   Smiley

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2011, 11:24am by rmillay »  

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #123 - Sep 11th, 2011, 12:24pm

Did total of 30 miles sat which included 10 miles total tgo and from home to the ride. Dianna and Eddie and Bud all rolled out at 8AM to our chosen routes. Lots of fun,police and volunteers were great ............................
Then rolled out this morning to clear out the legs and ended up riding 16 miles on a nice cool, quiet morning to Oakmount Park then to the TT trailhead at Bellaire.
(http://tinyurl.com/3umbmkv)   Smiley

« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2011, 7:52am by jman »  

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #124 - Sep 11th, 2011, 2:59pm

yes we did
went to the trail de paris and my husband is now up to 4.25 miles...he has marathon on his phone and it keeps tabs of milege, speed, elevation and etc.... the thing said he was climbing about half the time.  we saw a TV (turkey vulture) on the trail just standing there while another one hovered overhead...i was able to get real close but could not figure out how to use my cell phone camera (technology does not work for me!) and it kept walking away...i think it was a young one learning to fly...or sick (maybe something it ate) and it eventually flew away.

Hey, I am thinking of entering our trike in the yearly christmas parade (sometime in november)...  If my husband could do the distance, we could dress him up as santa and deck the bike out in lights.  I will probably ride it though...any thoughts on the kind of lights to use?  Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #125 - Sep 11th, 2011, 3:00pm

forgot to mention---we took pix of our bikes...how do we get them on here?
susan in paris

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #126 - Sep 11th, 2011, 3:44pm

Quote from esbee on Sep 11th, 2011, 3:00pm:
susan in paris

See this thread.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #127 - Sep 11th, 2011, 3:47pm

Quote from esbee on Sep 11th, 2011, 3:00pm:
susan in paris

Photo uploading instructions are here: http://rbentonline.org/YaBB.pl?num=1262013954

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #128 - Sep 11th, 2011, 4:37pm

I rode the 60 mile route at the Cowtown Classic yesterday. I spoke to Joe, Diane, Eddie, and Mark L before the ride, and saw Mark L again afterwards (great to see y'all!). I like the route this ride uses, but it's not a great route for speed. It's mostly tiny Johnson County roads, with lots of turns, gravel in many of the turns, and some rough stretches of road. I didn't hear how the turnout was, but there looked to be several hundred riders.

I rode to the start of the ride, then home again, so ended up with 69.7 miles. On the ride itself, I had a total of 60.3 miles. I only made one 5 minute stop and finished the ride in 3:21. My on the bike average was 18.4 mph. That's probably about as fast as I can do this route, almost 1 mph faster than I was on it last year.

I pedaled about 4 miles on Lake Benbrook this morning.

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2011, 4:55pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #129 - Sep 11th, 2011, 8:37pm

Rode the Musashi 32 miles on the GDB Sunday Roll.  I was the only 'bent, but had a lovely time!  We ended up going to the Dallas Farmer's Market and getting free ice cream samples.  :-D  Yes, I'm still riding the Musashi until I get my frame replaced.  No sign of a fracture at the documented site but I'm inspecting it before each ride...

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #130 - Sep 11th, 2011, 9:20pm

I was out at WRL checking out a trike rider (paul?) at the 7/11 parking lot when a gang of bikers rode by...paul and dave with Teri and Teri? Mixed with them a short whle then went on to get my thirty in. 700 to go.

Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #131 - Sep 11th, 2011, 11:41pm

I have been enjoying the heck out of this weather and riding places I would normally take the bus to. Over 30 miles this week, almost 100 since 9/1

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #132 - Sep 12th, 2011, 7:02am

Quote from shellbear on Sep 11th, 2011, 8:37pm:
Rode the Musashi 32 miles on the GDB Sunday Roll.  I was the only 'bent, but had a lovely time!  We ended up going to the Dallas Farmer's Market and getting free ice cream samples.  :-D  Yes, I'm still riding the Musashi until I get my frame replaced.  No sign of a fracture at the documented site but I'm inspecting it before each ride...

I'll be on the Sunday Roll next weekend -- been doing other things for the past month!  C'mon back out next week!   I love that ride -- very social, and very exploratory.

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #133 - Sep 12th, 2011, 7:06am

Quote from johnnybent on Sep 11th, 2011, 9:20pm:
I was out at WRL checking out a trike rider (paul?) at the 7/11 parking lot when a gang of bikers rode by...paul and dave with Teri and Teri? Mixed with them a short whle then went on to get my thirty in. 700 to go.

Good to see you out there, John -- yes, Dave and I were doing a "Spouse's Ride", cruising around the lake at about 10mph with the ladies...  as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, Dave's wife Barb is new to her Tour Easy, and we got it better adjusted to her this time, so she had a much better ride.  Still couldn't get up the approach to the Bath House, and struggled to get up the initial uphill approach to the section just after the 7-11, but it'll come with time.  We won't be doing the Loving Hills area anytime soon....

It's nice to have the wives along (every once in a while   Smiley  )

« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2011, 7:06am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #134 - Sep 12th, 2011, 5:42pm

I got in 23 miles this morning out to Trinity Park. Came across two ladies on bents shortly after turning off Belaire heading for the Low Level Dam crossover outbound to the park. One was on a red Tour Easy and the other on a fairly new blue EZ3 delta, I told them to check out the rbent site, hope they join us.  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print