Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:20pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
Did you ride today? (Read 24932 times)
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Did you ride today?
Reply #90 - Sep 1st, 2011, 10:30pm

Did the Mesquite / Sunnyvale ride twice this week. Rode over with Stephen Hazleton from his house near Duck Creek and joined the ride, both Tuesday and Thursday (today).  

Tuesday Stephen was going for 1000+ miles for the month so we did the full loop, all the way down to I-20. We had our headlights, so no problem with the extra miles. Even so, we finished at 8:30 PM, barely into darkness.  

I had a 17.6 avg for 45.6 miles and 1479 ft of climbing - very enjoyable ride.

Today we did the loop everyone else did - down to Berry and back up. But with the commute miles, we had 39.6 miles total and finished before darkness set in. Thanks to light wind and feeling fresh (because I skipped riding yesterday) I rode with the fast guys until we reached the shade just south of Hwy 80. There I waited for Stephen, Ed, and Dale to catch up and rode with them off an on back to Poteet.
Today's avg was 18.8 with 1270 ft of climbing. Enjoyed watermelon with Stephen after the ride!

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #91 - Sep 2nd, 2011, 4:47pm

I rode to work all 5 days this week. I was on tired legs most of the week from HHH last Saturday. The older I get, the longer it seems to take me to recover from an effort like that.  

It was another week of hot afternoon rides home, plus a strong south wind to pedal against all week, except this afternoon. I'll be off the bike all weekend. Rose and I are going to San Antonio and do the tourist thing. They say there's a big cold front coming. It's only supposed to be 90 degrees by Tuesday. May need my jacket for the commute.

2011 days ridden to work: 148
2011 commuting mileage: 3614.4

« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2011, 4:48pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #92 - Sep 3rd, 2011, 2:21pm

If you were out riding this morning, you know how nice it was to not feel well done by 9am. I enjoyed 23 miles on the TT starting at sunrise and rode a big loop around the parks and trail. saw 2 delta trikes and one tadpole while out. also a guy had to use my air pump cause he said his was broke and he didn't find out till he needed it. dohooo! Tongue I pray none here are "that guy"  Smiley this dude was riding a bike that the wheels were worth morte than my whole bike and not only was his pump "broke"(I never saw it) when I handed him my Topeak he didn't know which end of tghe pump to put the valve into. Smiley so sad. I hope he made it to his car ok.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #93 - Sep 3rd, 2011, 5:14pm

Six RBENTers met at the Robinwood Baptist Church in Seagoville and headed out for the Lancaster Airport a little after 8:00 AM this morning to attend the Commenorative Air Force air show. On a Kenny J. organized ride we know we are going to experience dog attacks. On the way to the airport most of the dogs were behind fences. The few loose dogs that gave chase were easily dispached by our air horns. Kind of disappointing, as I was looking forward to the challenge of trying to outrun the dogs.  Smiley  Kenny's famous "Valley of the Dogs" did not live up to its name. As we were nearing the airport, we were treated to a P-51 Mustang fly-over, and high-speed pass and landing at the airport (A treat for me at least). We parked our bikes along a fence, near the classic auto display. Noticed several people looking at our bike display. A number of people questioned us about our bikes and some took pictures. When we first arrived, we heard music to our ears: "The homemade ice cream stand is open". Eating ice cream was our first order of business. Sure was good.  Smiley  We spend a couple of hours looking at the classic autos and static aircraft on display, aircraft fly-bys, and then packed it up and headed for Seagoville. On the way back it looked like we were going to be attacked by a pack of vicious-sounding Chihuahuas, but they didn't make it up onto the road. Must have worn themselves out running all that way on their little short legs.  Smiley  Thirty-three total miles. Thanks, Kenny, for organizing another enjoyable ride.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #94 - Sep 3rd, 2011, 8:33pm

yes, it was cooler and I tried the other direction on our road which is uphill and I was able to do it without much problem...only went 1 mile each way ---on the way down with peddling got almost up to 15 mph...weeeee!!!!  and then around the neighborhood a little.  Yes, I know this short  distance probably has most of you guffawing, but I was told by the doctor that I need both hips replaced.  Then my hubby rode his little half mile around the block.  

Susan of Paris TX

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #95 - Sep 3rd, 2011, 8:41pm

Quote from esbee on Sep 3rd, 2011, 8:33pm:
yes, it was cooler and I tried the other direction on our road which is uphill and I was able to do it without much problem...only went 1 mile each way ---on the way down with peddling got almost up to 15 mph...weeeee!!!!  and then around the neighborhood a little.  Yes, I know this short  distance probably has most of you guffawing, but I was told by the doctor that I need both hips replaced.  Then my hubby rode his little half mile around the block.

Susan of Paris TX

Susan, evvery pedal stroke is a victory for us for sure. There is no short or long ride on the bents, it's simply "The Ride" enjoy. Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #96 - Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:29pm

Did the Denison TX 2 FLags 216k today. I was the only who chose this "short" option. Everyone else had chosen anywhere from 300k to 1000k. Since I was alone, means I got to ride it my way - fastest pace I could manage, long or short breaks - no complaints from anyone; frequency of breaks - my choice. It was a good ride! 135 miles; 18.5 avg; 2539 climbing. Most of ride in Texas; some in Oklahoma.

Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #97 - Sep 4th, 2011, 11:15am

Quote from square_corners on Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:29pm:
Did the Denison TX 2 FLags 216k today. I was the only who chose this "short" option. Everyone else had chosen anywhere from 300k to 1000k. Since I was alone, means I got to ride it my way - fastest pace I could manage, long or short breaks - no complaints from anyone; frequency of breaks - my choice. It was a good ride! 135 miles; 18.5 avg; 2539 climbing. Most of ride in Texas; some in Oklahoma.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smileynuff said

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #98 - Sep 4th, 2011, 1:35pm

46 miles at WRL this morning with Jay...... stiff North wind made West Lawther no fun.  All the roadies disappeared when the wind picked up and it got a little bit warmer this morning.  Wonder where they all went  Smiley

Edit: just looked at the weather - 30 mph wind gusting to 40 explains why West Lawther was such a struggle today.

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2011, 1:37pm by TonyWard »  

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #99 - Sep 4th, 2011, 2:19pm

52 miles to Flower Mound/Argyle/Highland Village.

IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #100 - Sep 4th, 2011, 6:02pm

24 miles over the weekend. The ride to church this morning was glorious with temperatures in the 80s and a tailwind that added 2 MPH to my normal average speed on the church run. And I felt so good coming back that I kept almost a full 1 MPH of that gain.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #101 - Sep 4th, 2011, 7:04pm

took a ride on the Trail de Paris ===tried something different, took the dog and bent...i walked the dog while my husband rode as far as he was able about 1 1/2 miles, then we traded...i rode on the trail but there were lots of cracks in the tar due to heat so i went through the Morningside to Wal-mart, called my hubby to pick me up there but remembered I had the truck keys, so I turned around and biked all the way back, probably 8 miles round trip.  Lots of fun though and nice with cooler temps.  Smiley

I am planning our anniversary getaway with our  bent to White Rock Lake in Dallas.  We can fit it in the back of our Toyota Rav 4. Does anyone know if this is a fairly safe area to ride (muggers, car break-ins, etc.)?  Any suggestions or tips would be welcomed.  

Susan  
Paris TX

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #102 - Sep 4th, 2011, 8:55pm

Quote from esbee on Sep 4th, 2011, 7:04pm:
took a ride on the Trail de Paris ===tried something different, took the dog and bent...i walked the dog while my husband rode as far as he was able about 1 1/2 miles, then we traded...i rode on the trail but there were lots of cracks in the tar due to heat so i went through the Morningside to Wal-mart, called my hubby to pick me up there but remembered I had the truck keys, so I turned around and biked all the way back, probably 8 miles round trip.  Lots of fun though and nice with cooler temps.  Smiley

I am planning our anniversary getaway with our  bent to White Rock Lake in Dallas.  We can fit it in the back of our Toyota Rav 4. Does anyone know if this is a fairly safe area to ride (muggers, car break-ins, etc.)?  Any suggestions or tips would be welcomed.

Susan
Paris TX

Susan, Let us know when you 2 will be comming to White Rock and some of the Clowns can keep you company.

IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #103 - Sep 5th, 2011, 1:44pm

55 miles through Flower Mound/Argyle/Highland Village. If anyone lives in that area they finished construction on Orchid Hill Lane making it easier to get to Highland Village.

IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #104 - Sep 5th, 2011, 2:51pm

1 lap at WRL with kid in tow.  The wind added with that trailer sure made riding into the north wind a challenge.  Wished I could have gotten up on the road - too many people out today enjoying the nice weather.  Kiddo enjoyed it so it made it all worthwhile.  I was glad she wasn't egging me on to race everyone we saw like she usually is.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print