Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 16th, 2024, 6:25pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New (to me) Bike (Read 972 times)
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

New (to me) Bike
Apr 27th, 2011, 6:18pm

Well, it looks like I'll be driving down to Conroe tomorrow to pick up a bike. I'm buying a Lightning Thunderbolt.  Don't know for certain that it will fit but I'm hopeful. I guess if it doesn't fit I'll just do what everyone else does and resell it  Wink

IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: New (to me) Bike
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2011, 9:53am

Patti, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Lightning.  My first SWB was a Lightning Thunderbolt.  It was a short frame with the 16" front wheel.  They really climb hills well.  Enjoy.

IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2011, 10:47am

Quote from Patti on Apr 27th, 2011, 6:18pm:
Well, it looks like I'll be driving down to Conroe tomorrow to pick up a bike. I'm buying a Lightning Thunderbolt.  Don't know for certain that it will fit but I'm hopeful. I guess if it doesn't fit I'll just do what everyone else does and resell it  Wink

I'm sure if it does indeed fit, you will love it also since they aren't made anymore you are adding a great piece of bent history to your collection.  Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2011, 11:38am

definitely a great bike.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2011, 8:29pm

Got back home safely with it this afternoon. IT FITS!  I think I'll enjoy riding it once I can get it away from my daughter. You know that "triker's grin" people always talk about? It is nothing compared to the one she has had all afternoon.  Fortunately for me, she is still in school everyday so I'll have time to ride it when she is away during the day. The guy I bought it from didn't know a whole lot about it. He bought it from someone else last year. This one has a 20 -26 configuration with a triple in the front and 7 in the back.  It is pretty smooth once I get up to speed, a tad twitchy when slower but I know that will pass with practice.  I'll need to add a few things (computer, mirrors, taillight) and will change out the pedals for some dual sided ones (clip for me, regular for my daughter) once I've spent a little more time riding it. Its nothing fancy but I think its going to be great fun, especially if it gets my daughter out riding more.  Smiley

IP Logged
Lrodshy57

rbent member

Reply #5 - May 31st, 2011, 6:42am

I bought the plans to make one of thoseTrikes!How about bringing  it to Lake Cliff Park?Or I can just drive by on way to fiesta for a quickie  look?
Lady friend will be with me, recall the reluctent to ride Geneva?214-941-8044

Email   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2011, 4:03pm

Quote from Lrodshy57 on May 31st, 2011, 6:42am:
I bought the plans to make one of thoseTrikes!How about bringing  it to Lake Cliff Park?Or I can just drive by on way to fiesta for a quickie  look?
Lady friend will be with me, recall the reluctent to ride Geneva?214-941-8044

I don't mind bringing it by but it is a bicycle, not a trike. I'm still very happy with my Catrike and could never think of cheating on it with another trike.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print