Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 6th, 2024, 7:29am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My last ride on the Zenetik (Read 2671 times)
Urbinrider

rbent member

My last ride on the Zenetik
Apr 9th, 2011, 6:17pm

I have enjoyed riding this Zenetik last year I rode the MS150 and I think I did well in the saddle the first day 85mi and the second day 75mi time to time it is fun to ride when I need a little more speed. Today I took it to Campion Trail in Irving. I hope to find a good home for it. There might be a trike in my future.

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
kingjason

rbent member

Re: My last ride on the Zenetik
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2011, 7:15pm

Your friend ever decide if she liked it or not? How is it to ride VS say a Strada or say a mountain bike? I have really been eyeballing these bikes for a year but just havent made a descision. I just want a little variety.

Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2011, 3:16pm

I did end up trading it for a Tad style trike.  but as for the feel of the bike it has a different feel then a mountain bike would or any up right diamond frame bike having the crank located forward of the seat. it doesn't have quite the recumbent feel to it.  I have had different long wheel base recumbent's  Sun E Z Rider and a Sun Sport  and now a Easy Racer Tour Easy and the Zenetik had a whole different feel to it I liked it  1. because I use to like to ride road bikes  and 2. because I could touch the ground better when I stopped and started It was safer for me. I am disabled from a back injury.  I couldn't stop and get off the normal bikes with almost falling over.  I do think these are good bikes.  If I hadn't  made the trade so fast I would have let you try it out.  I have seen these bike at Richardson Bike mart.  Some people like them and some don't I think it is a preference of individuals.  

IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jul 28th, 2011, 8:23am

what kind of seat is on that bike in the picture? Smiley ...it looks comfy and wide. Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2011, 9:41am

It looks like the standard seat that RANS puts on all their crank forward bikes.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2011, 5:04pm

I had that same seat on my RANS Fusion. If you have little natural padding, the seat is very uncomfortable. I added extra foam padding - still uncomfortable. Finally, added a gel pad - still uncomfortable. My last ride on the bike was from home, around WRL, and back home for a total of 14 miles. Half way around WRL I was regretting ever having attempted the ride. Never rode the bike again.

« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2011, 5:04pm by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2011, 6:05pm

Quote from esbee on Jul 28th, 2011, 8:23am:
what kind of seat is on that bike in the picture? Smiley ...it looks comfy and wide. Smiley

These seats do not have a lot of padding so I had to add some of my own like jayg said it helps to have some of your own natural padding.   Grin  I think that rans has changed the shape of the seat a little bit   but it is still allmost the same.

IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2011, 11:53pm

Quote from jayg on Jul 28th, 2011, 5:04pm:
I had that same seat on my RANS Fusion. If you have little natural padding, the seat is very uncomfortable. I added extra foam padding - still uncomfortable. Finally, added a gel pad - still uncomfortable. My last ride on the bike was from home, around WRL, and back home for a total of 14 miles. Half way around WRL I was regretting ever having attempted the ride. Never rode the bike again.

I think I have solved the problem with the Fusion seat, it is supposed to be more to lean against while pedalling than to sit on. I'm tilting it much more forward than I have been sitting with it, but i don't know if my knees will like the seat any more than my butt did. I do know I get a little faster up hills with the seat tilted down in front.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print