Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 10th, 2024, 11:25am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Trade: Hoagie for Euromesh (Read 1610 times)
Bud_Bent

For Trade: Hoagie for Euromesh
Dec 7th, 2010, 7:50pm

I'll post this here before I post it on BROL. For trade: Hoagie seat for Euromesh seat. No seat pad, clamp, or brackets, just the seat. The seat is in good shape, with no tears.

« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2010, 8:02pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Hurricane Dan

Boom chika wow
wow...

Re: For Trade: Hoagie for Euromesh
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2011, 4:41pm

How hard is it to fit this on a Strada?  The euromesh seems to push on my tailbone.

Happiness is riding home into the sunset.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: For Trade: Hoagie for Euromesh
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2011, 5:25pm

The holes for the main seat bracket are exactly the same as a Euromesh, so It's very easy to swap them out. The main difference is that the bracket where the seat stays bolt are wider on the Hoagie, so you usually have to bolt the stays to the outside of the frame, rather than the inside, where the Euromesh stays are usually bolted.

The Hoagie is wider enough on top that many seat bags that fit a Euromesh won't fit it. My old worn out Bacchetta brain box is stretched enough to fit my Hoagie, but a new one wouldn't. I've been surprised to find that my Euromesh seat pad works fine on the Hoagie, so I've been using it on the XStream. If I end up keeping it long enough that I buy a new bag for it, it will no longer be for trade.

The Hoagie definitely does have less bend at the bottom, so it might be easier on your tail bone. A wally world camping pad added under your original foam pad might help, too. I'm across the metroplex from you, but if you'd like to stop by and give the Hoagie a test run, you're welcome to.

EDIT: Oops, I just read in your other post that you're more than across the metroplex from me now.

« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2011, 5:41pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print