Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 7th, 2024, 1:30am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crank Forward opinions (Read 660 times)
kingjason

rbent member

Crank Forward opinions
Nov 9th, 2010, 11:59am

Any one on here owned one of these? Not going to replace the Stratus but just looking for something a little different. I have seen some frame kits pretty cheap and have thought about building one up. Plus my wife is not a fan of recumbents and this could work out for both of us.

Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Re: Crank Forward opinions
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2010, 12:43pm

hi Kingjason    I have a Crank forward   it is the Rans Zenetik  Tour.  I love it I think it is my alternative to riding between a recumbent and a up right.  I started with a basic frame kit with a few other components on it.  I put on a new set of 700c wheels, a 27spd drive train. brakes and shifters. and changed my handle bars.  I rode this bike in the MS 150 this year.  I have a spinal cord Injury and did pretty good for the 2 day ride I was on the bike for 85mi the first day and 75 the second.  I like the fact that when I stop I can touch the ground flat footed.  I do have the road bike version but they make more versatile models. if you would like to check it out let me know.  I live in north Irving area.

Eddie

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
kingjason

rbent member

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2010, 8:41pm

Thats the frame kit I am looking at. He has the set up for either 700 or 26 in disc. Very tempting just as an alternative and maybe set it up on a trainer for the winter.

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2010, 8:41pm by kingjason »  
Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2010, 10:01pm

I have owned 2 Fusions and rode extensively on a Zenetik with a total of about 3K miles on CF bikes. I think they climb a little better than a LWB 'bent of the same weight, they are a little faster from a standing sprint to 20 MPH, not quite as comfortable as my old Stratus between 20 and 120 miles, but as that was about the limit before I started rubbing the skin off my tailbone on the Stratus with the old style hardshell bucket and I don't have that problem with the seat on the CF bikes but my butt can't handle the strain for that number of miles.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print