Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 9th, 2024, 1:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
20" convertion (Read 756 times)
Urbinrider

rbent member

20" convertion
Oct 16th, 2010, 9:32pm

Hello all you bike builders
I am converting a Lightning Thunderbolt W a 16" front wheel to a 20" wheel.  I am looking for a fork that is a 1" thread less steer tube that is 7 1/2" long with V-brake 100mm spread for a standard front hub.  were the race seats at the bottom of the steer tube is 26.6 - 27mm I am not sure I have  a cheap caliper.  and I am looking for a wheel too.  can someone help me or steer me in the right direction.

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Re: 20" convertion
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2010, 9:42pm

Quote from urbinrider on Oct 16th, 2010, 9:32pm:
Hello all you bike builders
I am converting a Lightning Thunderbolt W a 16" front wheel to a 20" wheel.  I am looking for a fork that is a 1" thread less steer tube that is 7 1/2" long with V-brake 100mm spread for a standard front hub.  were the race seats at the bottom of the steer tube is 26.6 - 27mm I am not sure I have  a cheap caliper.  and I am looking for a wheel too.  can someone help me or steer me in the right direction.

This is the old one I took off so you can see what I have. 16"

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2010, 9:36pm by Urbinrider »  

IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2010, 10:38pm

Eddie, don't whether you are looking for new or used components. For a new fork and wheel check out: http://gaerlan.com/bikeparts/bike.html. I've had them build 16" and 20" wheels for me, and they did a good job.

Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2010, 6:57pm

Thanks I will check that out If I could find a used fork I am getting it painted anyway and as for as a wheel I would like to find one in good shape or I might build one I have a wheel stand and I think I can do it

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print