Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 9th, 2024, 11:20am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for a Trike (Read 3683 times)
Don

rbent member

Looking for a Trike
Oct 14th, 2010, 4:52pm

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a trike, something like a Sun Tadpole with 2 wheels in front and one in back.

I have two recumbents to sell or trade for a trike.  I will trade both for a trike i can ride.

The two bikes are  

Sun EZ-1 Lite (Aluminum frame) 21 speed with the 20 inch conversion done so that both front and back tires are 20 inch.I still have the old fork and tire for it. the bike rides great I just need something with three wheels because of my health condition i dont balance that well and am way bent over so i have a hard time straitening my legs when im not rolling. the bike is Gun barrel gray.

The other bicycle is

Actionbent Full Suspention Roadrunner. 27 speed. I think its a midracer. It has 26 in back tire and 20 inch front tire. I havent ridden the bike except when i bought it to ride and thought i could adjust it to fit me.......Im just to bent over so it hurts like heck when i try to start or stop and have to drop one foot to the road. The bike still looks like it is brand new. it is yellow in color.

I cant really drive to well so im trying to sell them or trade them for a trike. Its to nice of weather for me to be sitting here.I need a trike and some wind in my face.

My phone number is 903-967-7588 Just ask for Don.  Im disabled and dont work, you can call at any time if interested.

Thanks in advance
Don

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2010, 4:55pm by Don »  
Email   IP Logged
Tim C.

rbent member

Re: Looking for a Trike
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2010, 9:41pm

Don,

Glad to see that are still reading the board.  We miss your posts.

Thanks.

Tim

2008 RANS Stratus XP
Email   IP Logged
Don

rbent member

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2010, 4:15pm

Hi Tim,

I miss having anything to post.  I made a deal with the wife (She doesnt like me riding on 2 wheels and worries when i do) That I would get rid of what i have and get something with 3 wheels so i can ride and she can relax.  I know recumbent is pretty much the only way i can ride and actualy see whats infront of me and the way the seat is i think helps my back straiten up some. I know when i was riding every day I felt great and was standing a lot taller than i od when i dont ride.

One of my goals is still the same as it was when i get the ez1.  I want to travel.i figure i can start with small trips to the local lakes and practice camping and get excersize at the same time.  there are so many lakes within 50 or so miles of me that i could do this alot and have different scenery nearly each trip. plus i like fishing so i can take a small fishing pole and just relaxe when I am there.  Eventualy i would like to go on some long rides/trips and write about it and how I think this can help people with A.S. (Ankylosing Spondylitis) and most enyone with health conditions that tend to keep us homebound.  I mean i cant walk ot stand very long withought being in some serious pain.  I still walk a little and when i have to i stand and i conceal when i hurt pretty good. I think most people do the same.   Riding recombents is so pain free its pretty amazing that Doctors dont figure out how to perscribe this to alot of people with simulair problems.

I guess the second biggest selling factor would be Freedom. I know for me it is.

Talk to you soon,

Don

Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2010, 9:18pm

Quote from Don on Oct 14th, 2010, 4:52pm:
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a trike, something like a Sun Tadpole with 2 wheels in front and one in back.

I have two recumbents to sell or trade for a trike.  I will trade both for a trike i can ride.

The two bikes are

Sun EZ-1 Lite (Aluminum frame) 21 speed with the 20 inch conversion done so that both front and back tires are 20 inch.I still have the old fork and tire for it. the bike rides great I just need something with three wheels because of my health condition i dont balance that well and am way bent over so i have a hard time straitening my legs when im not rolling. the bike is Gun barrel g

My phone number is 903-967-7588 Just ask for Don.  Im disabled and dont work, you can call at any time if interested.

Thanks in advance
Don

Hi Don  we have a member in our club Joetricruser wishes to sell his sun EZ TAD. If he hasen't seen this post I will give him a call and let him know.

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
  IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2010, 9:24pm

Don Correction  it is jman that has the EZ Tad

IP Logged
Don

rbent member

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2010, 11:53pm

Thanks, If he is interested in either or both bikes please have him contact me. I need to be rideing  Smiley
Thanks in advance, Don
903-967-7588

Quote from urbinrider on Oct 16th, 2010, 9:24pm:

Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2010, 3:50pm

Quote from Don on Oct 16th, 2010, 11:53pm:
Thanks, If he is interested in either or both bikes please have him contact me. I need to be rideing  Smiley
Thanks in advance, Don
903-967-7588

Quote from urbinrider on Oct 16th, 2010, 9:24pm:

Don, jman here, I still have the EZ Tad that I bought from original owner, Caroll who is in here as well. It is a great trike but due to heal problems I don't ride it any longer. For a club member, I'll sell it in here for $600. It has upgraded Primo Comets with Kevlar linings with less than 100 miles on them. If you would like to take a look and ride it around the complex, I live just west of 360 and hwy 183 off Trinity Blvd and Post oak. give me a call if your intrested.
817-448-7025
Joe

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2010, 5:20pm

Hi Don  I was curious about your EZ_1 with the 20 20 conversion  How much would you sell it for?  you could email a picture to edragna@gmail.com

IP Logged
Don

rbent member

Reply #8 - Oct 19th, 2010, 6:51pm

Hi Urbinrider,

Yeah i can take a picture of the bike tomorrow, i just got off the phone with Joe and he will probably be calling you : )  I would take the picture tonight but its already dark ourside. So i will email it to you tomorrow.  

Talk to you soon, Don

Quote from urbinrider on Oct 19th, 2010, 5:20pm:
Hi Don  I was curious about your EZ_1 with the 20 20 conversion  How much would you sell it for?  you could email a picture to edragna@gmail.com

Email   IP Logged
Don

rbent member

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2010, 7:12pm

Hi Jman,  

It was great talking with you and im deffinaitly interested. I should know how quick i can get the money in a few days.  Keeping my fingers crossed that i can be riding soon!

Thanks, Don

Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2010, 9:48pm

Don  
under Rbent Lobby there is a posting on how to up load photos check it out I think you can do it.

IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2010, 4:42pm

OK, so my wife Kim tells me "I'll ride with you but I want a trike!"  So if there is another great deal out there....

(I'd love to get her the Cat 700 on BROL (in N Dallas), but wow that's a lot for a bike....

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2010, 7:41pm

JimFPU ==I have a friend wanting to sell his Action Bent Artifice.  Go to actionbent.com and you can see one like it.  If interested, email me at dfain99@yahoo.com and I'll send you my friends phone numbers.  He's not a member of RBent, nor does he have email.  He does live in the Lantana area so you can make arrangements to test ride.

IP Logged
JimFPU
Five Star Member

RBENT member, now in
Virginia.  I miss
Texas!

Reply #13 - Oct 28th, 2010, 7:45am

Diana, the Artifice is no longer listed...what is the equivalent?  Even at those prices, they are out of my league...it would have to be a REALLY GOOD deal.

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2010, 7:46am by JimFPU »  

'13 Bluevelo carbon Quest QB 74 - The Flaming Eyeball
'12 ICE Sprint X 26

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_cUvLNb9JJ6UAQkw7KYDQw

Store: https://flaming-eyeball-graphics.square.site
WWW   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #14 - Oct 28th, 2010, 11:14am

Jim, I sent you an email.