Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:21pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Paluxy Pedal (Read 767 times)
robert.j

rbent member

Paluxy Pedal
Oct 2nd, 2010, 8:47pm

Brian Atwell and I represented the XTO bike team as the two recumbent riders at this ride this morning, along with 6-8 other XTO employees.  Great weather, a little cool to start off, but warmed up after the first 20 minutes.  Saw maybe 3 other bents there but didn't recognize anyone.  Not a particularly bent friendly course as it is VERY hilly with almost no flat stretches., but I thought the road surfaces were not bad at all.  Took it easy the first half of the 45 mile ride and then hit it hard the remainder - avg 13.5 at the halfway point but 15 at the end.  As usual, couldn't get up The Wall, but did manage all the other hills, many of which are pretty steep.  All in all a really nice 45 miler.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: Paluxy Pedal
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2010, 12:38pm

Great job Robert.  I didn't go this year as we had just returned from Glen Rose the prior week from the TTTT race.  I love the Paluxy Pedal and have only ridden "THE WALL" on my DF.  Would love to try it on the bent.  How many people were there this year?  I have ridden this event every year, I belive this year is the 7th year.  It's been great to see it grow considerably.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Re: Paluxy Pedal
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2010, 9:33pm

Ray: My memory stinks and I haven't seen any official numbers, but I'm guessing it was about the same turnout as last year if not a little less.  Seemed like a lot less of the really fast packs.  XTO sponsors our bike team (meaning they pay our entry fee) for many of the area rides where XTO is doing drilling in the area.  So I get to discuss oil business and recumbents with various other riders which I really enjoy.
Hope we'll see you there next year.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print