Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:20pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pryor Oklahoma DAM JAM & Edmond Oklahoma OBStreak (Read 819 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Pryor Oklahoma DAM JAM & Edmond Oklahoma OBStreak
Sep 13th, 2010, 12:16am

Drove up to northern Oklahoma for the Saturday Pryor Oklahoma DAM JAM, decent ride until I T-boned a dog doing 20 at the 30 mile point. Rule of thumb: If a dog is sitting in the road watching another rider yell before you pass him or he'll run right in front of you. Scraped elbow and bruise on the right hip (yes THAT hip) and broken mirror mount but other than that nothing permanent. Ended up with 72 miles and the rest was pretty good, even passed one of the guys in the upright group we pulled at the start of the HHH.

This morning I did the Oklahoma Bicycle Society Streak just north of Oklahoma City, met the guy who was riding the MetaBike MetaPhysics high racer at HHH. Was going to do the 100k although it looked like bad weather was coming in so I ended up doing the 40 instead.

I hope that dog dies a painful miserable death

IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Pryor Oklahoma DAM JAM & Edmond Oklahoma OBStr
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2010, 12:41pm

What happened to the pooch?

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Pryor Oklahoma DAM JAM & Edmond Oklahoma OBStr
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2010, 12:30am

Quote from MrOverdressed on Sep 15th, 2010, 12:41pm:
What happened to the pooch?

No idea, with a little luck he had massive internal injuries and is likely in pooch heaven right now.

Just a note but one thing I did learn is never surprise a dog in the middle of the road when you are between him and where he lives, that's the way he'll always go.  

No damage to the bike and it gave me the incentive to move the mirrors to a more conventional mount closer to the center stalk so they won't break next time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print