Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 7th, 2024, 3:27pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Feeler - Bacchetta Corsa (Read 1679 times)
DW_DFW

rbent member

Feeler - Bacchetta Corsa
Aug 6th, 2010, 12:02pm

I'm about to purchase my first recumbant, an 09 Corsa but I seem to be right on the edge of if it will fit properly.  I'm at the low range for a large frame.

Should this experiment not work out, do you think I'd have any trouble getting my 1200 back out of the bike on this board?  It's stock with almost no mileage.  

As for sizing, I really want it to fit!!  Any opinions on someone who by the numbers would fit on the upper range of a smaller frame or the lower range on a larger frame what is preferable?

Thanks and I'm really stoked about becoming bent.  

DW

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Feeler - Bacchetta Corsa
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2010, 12:42pm

Quote from DW_DFW on Aug 6th, 2010, 12:02pm:
I'm about to purchase my first recumbant, an 09 Corsa but I seem to be right on the edge of if it will fit properly.  I'm at the low range for a large frame.

Should this experiment not work out, do you think I'd have any trouble getting my 1200 back out of the bike on this board?  It's stock with almost no mileage.  

As for sizing, I really want it to fit!!  Any opinions on someone who by the numbers would fit on the upper range of a smaller frame or the lower range on a larger frame what is preferable?

Thanks and I'm really stoked about becoming bent.  

DW

I'm 5'-8" with a 41-1/2" X-seam. I just barely fit a large frame Corsa with the seat clamp all the way forward. I ordered a Medium Corsa, but found out later it was a Large. I sold my low-mileage 2008 Corsa several months ago for $1,400.

Email   IP Logged
DW_DFW

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2010, 12:49pm

So with your measurements it didn't fit well enough to keep?

Thanks for the info by the way.

DW

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2010, 1:14pm

Quote from DW_DFW on Aug 6th, 2010, 12:49pm:
So with your measurements it didn't fit well enough to keep?

Thanks for the info by the way.

DW

No, it fit fine. It was a really great bike. I bought a high performance carbon high racer, so I didn't need the Corsa anymore.

Email   IP Logged
kingjason

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2010, 4:33pm

Heck go by and test ride it before you buy it. My new Strada had SPD pedals on it when I bought it which was great. I hopped on it with my SPD sandals and boogied on off much to the guys suprise. LOL

Email   IP Logged
Pedalin` Peggy

rbent member

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2010, 7:38pm

Steve is 6 ft tall I  don't know his x seam, but he to is between a medium and large. He now rides a large CA2.0 and loves it. His first high racer was a Strada medium  he rode it about a year I then bought him a Corsa SS it was a large frame, he like the fit of a large better then a Medium. Over all I think that Bacchetta's resell very well.

'07 Strada
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2010, 1:01am

+1 to what peggy said - you should have no problems reselling your bike somewhere.  At 6'1" but with a long torso I was also right in the middle of a medium and a large, and the medium fit much better and was more stable.  Something to consider.

Welcome to the club!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print