Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 1:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LSR 100k-Beanstalk (Read 542 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

LSR 100k-Beanstalk
Jul 5th, 2010, 4:49pm

Six riders left from Princeton this morning(7:00am start). Daniel Schaaf, Mark Metcalfe, Brenda Barnell, Val/Robin Phelps, & myself comprised the group of riders. 2 other riders were riding the same route ,but at a later time(7:30am start for them).

We left out a little after 7:00am. I wanted to ride this route as hard as could. This ride wanders through little towns of Altoga, Westminster, Jim Cannon, & arriving in Tom Bean. This is an out & back route. After
arriving in Tom Bean , Daniel was just a minute or so behind me, we were about 5 minutes early(for the opening of the control on our control card), so we used the facilities & stocked up on food/drink & then we were off. There was a nice tailwind to Tom Bean. I arrived with a 20.67 mph avg.

On the return trip(now into a headwind), we encountered  t he group of riders coming into Tom Bean as we were leaving(about 3 miles behind us). As Mark M & Brenda Barnell passed, I was given the high salute(all in fun, right Greg?), & I laughed so hard for the next 5 miles(when I passed the other 2 riders that started at 7:30am).

I climbed out of Tom Bean & back the same way we came, onto Princeton. I arrived in Princeton just a little before 10:30am. Daniel arrived about 10 minutes behind me. Daniel rode super strong all day while fighting a case of hot foot. Good job Daniel. My Garmin showed a total ascent of 1,580'. Total bike time was 3hrs,11mins(total ride time was 3 hrs, 24 mins). Avg. speed of 19.5 mph.  

Afterward Mark & I had a Chipolte, where we both enjoyed a nice cold beer(with some food). Man that tasted good on a hot day, after a hard ride. Thanks to all that came & rode. Good job everyone. This is enjoyable route, however, TXdot has managed to get their hands on the roads into Tom Bean(7 mile stretch)so I think this route will be done for the season(and any others that use FM2729(like the Boomer 200k).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: LSR 100k-Beanstalk
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2010, 6:28pm

What, someone stole my trademark???  I wish I'd been able to ride today, but I was still quite nauseous.  I'm ready for this to go away.

Man, can a brutha get a few decent roads around here?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print