Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 3rd, 2024, 8:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Geez it's great to be back. (Read 1197 times)
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Geez it's great to be back.
Jun 26th, 2010, 11:18am

SmileyIt's been too long, but at last I am rolling again, this time my number one ride is Carolyn's new Sun EZ Tadpole! Smiley

Due to health problems from my disability, I missed out on the winter and spring riding for the most part, but the Syringomyelia has taken a break so at least I can ride 15 to 20 miles once or twice a week now. I am hoping that the Tadpole will be a good alternative for me and exercise my legs better overall than my EZ3 allows for. Hope to be able to get over to White Rock Lake soon, so I can say howdy to some of the gang again. Of course my 7mph avg starting out on the tadpole isn't going to set any new records, but to me it's all good and the avg will slowly pick up as I get used to the new ride. Smiley

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Geez it's great to be back.
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2010, 2:23pm

Wow - a blast fro the past!  Heya Joe!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2010, 3:34pm

Welcome back, Joe!

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2010, 4:21pm

Nice to see you're back, Jman. Come have breakfast with the Clowns at Barbecs, if you come to WRL on a Tuesday or Thursday morning. They have great beer biscuits.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2010, 11:28am

Thanks guys. Those biscuts sound mm good  Smiley Since I picked up my tadpole a few weeks ago, I have enjoyed the adjustability that has been put into the Sun EZ Tadpole down to the angle your wrist lay comfortably on the controls. Arm, back and wrist adjustment are great things to find in a bike that everyone knows is at the bottom of the tadpole price range. It means that I can truly enjoy riding without the usual discomfort you might expect from an entry level ride.  
I plan to keep my EZ 3 SX to use for my errand running machine like to the grocery store. The one plus it has over the tadpole is, it rolls out the front door without having to stand it on it's side  Smiley As for the tad, I have been working on the "side crawl" manuver to enter and exit the apartment because it is just over 2"'s wider than the door. I don't mind though, because the wider wheel base gives the tad more stability. I was amazed at how stable the tad was on the fast downhill runs like over at Dotty Lyn Park west of RLP, which was a concern for me untill I gave it a test run.  
Also I finally got my SPD's adjusted so my feet won't pop out unexpectedly and to check the cleats before every ride because I lost one of the 2 screws on my left shoe while I was 8 miles from my truck. That made for a long ride home   Smiley, lesson learned.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print