Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Oct 8th, 2024, 3:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Minoura (Read 1159 times)
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Minoura
Jun 23rd, 2010, 4:29pm

Awhile back I purchased a Minoura Swinggrip for my lights. The grip came loose after a few rides and I found the nut attached to the strap had broken at the spot weld. Well I still had the instructions for this and found their email address. I send them a note about what happened and quess what? They replied from JAPAN and are going to sent me the part. AIRMAIL.  That's service.    

Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: Minoura
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2010, 5:48pm

They're cheaply made. You won't find many with a good word to say about them. Anywhere I used the one I have, I seemed to bump and bend it. That is, until I put it on my Stratus XP handlebar to keep my light above my fairing. It works well for that, and where it's sitting, I never hit it, so it's holding up well.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2010, 9:48pm

I have a couple old minoura swinggrips from back when I commuted in CT and they are still going strong. They are a serious bear to get together but the ones I have don't have any nut attached to the strap. Perhaps those are a new design that was easier to use kinda like the new redesigned planet bike fenders. Both of them don't seem to get along well but I guess both companies have very good support to resolve the issues for those that contact them for support. I think most folks end up tossing stuff instead of following up with them.  

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2010, 9:51pm

I've owned SwingGrips and Bessos* (the little knobs) for a few years now, and the only thing that's gotten them to fail is the recent accident I had tipping the trike.  It bent the SwingGrip, but it could be bent back and reused.  I have found that after first installation, there may be a one-time re-tightening.  
It's true, though, there is so much to getting all those little parts together.  Always worth the effort to me.
*  http://www.minourausa.com/english/accessory-e.html

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2010, 9:52pm by Action Lad »  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2010, 9:25pm

The part has arrived.  What I liked was the quick response to my problem and delivery of the part.   So I'm happy.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print