Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:15pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rbent Trinity Ride (Read 761 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Rbent Trinity Ride
Jun 20th, 2010, 3:13pm

5 of us showed up to the ride today - myself and Alexis, Mark Leuck, Tom (fairly new to bents and may not yet be a member here), and Mike.  Alexis and Tom rode the 31 miler, and Mark, Mike, and myself rode 50 miles.  Tom had his brand new Volae Club highracer, and Mike on a Corsa SS.  

Everybody had a good time and Mike is one seriously fast dude.  He stayed on my behind as we cranked it up faster and faster through Aledo.  There was a 5 mile stretch where I'm pretty sure we didn't drop below 25 and all I kept hearing was the whirr of his freewheel as he coasted behind me.  It took a long surge over 31mph to shake him, but that didn't last long!  He was rock solid on that corsa, spinning easy and making it look effortless.  Coming back through Benbrook lake park he was quickly out of sight and gone.  We had a fun zippy ride.  On the way back we caught Mike Mcdonald and two other trike riders humpin it down Benbrook.

Everybody finished up around 11:30 and we had BBQ at ed Hot N Blue.  Fielded questions and watched a lot of folks staring at the bikes.  Fun day.  Thanks for coming, y'all!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
hornsmw13

rbent member

Re: Rbent Trinity Ride
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2010, 4:05pm

you are too kind and generous, thanks for taking it easy on me.  i had a great time and am glad to have met everyone.

mike
2009 bacchetta corsa ss
  IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Rbent Trinity Ride
Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2010, 7:05pm

We need to X-Ray Mike's frame, I'm convinced he has a motor in there somewhere

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print