Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:17pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Richardson Wildride 100k (Read 4624 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Richardson Wildride 100k
May 15th, 2010, 3:14pm

Well the rain stayed away so it was an excellent fast ride to Josephine and back, maybe 6 or 7 recumbents. Nice to see you again John!

Finished 64.5 miles with a 21.9 mph average, good ride

IP Logged
TonyWard
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Richardson Wildride 100k
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2010, 3:28pm

my official ride report is "not that far..... definitely not that fast".  With the help of a well timed red light that Mark L. had to stop for - I was able to chase him down enough to say hi but never could get next to him - and definitely not ahead.  So in all - there was probably 30 seconds I was within sight of Mark.

Finished the ride w/ 41 miles @ 14 avg.  Good ride with my big brother!

The road goes on forever and the party never ends - Robert Earl Keen
Email   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2010, 4:54pm

Always great seeing you Mark.
I did the long route but with the assistance of a Murphy Officer I took a detour down 544 and ended up with 66 miles, with an average of 14.5.  I must admit that the ride down 544 may have helped my speed cause it was a little scary.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2010, 5:15pm

Quote from jcsadowski on May 15th, 2010, 4:54pm:
Always great seeing you Mark.
I did the long route but with the assistance of a Murphy Officer I took a detour down 544 and ended up with 66 miles, with an average of 14.5.  I must admit that the ride down 544 may have helped my speed cause it was a little scary.

Why the detour?

IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2010, 5:17pm

Quote from TonyWard on May 15th, 2010, 3:28pm:
my official ride report is "not that far..... definitely not that fast".  With the help of a well timed red light that Mark L. had to stop for - I was able to chase him down enough to say hi but never could get next to him - and definitely not ahead.  So in all - there was probably 30 seconds I was within sight of Mark.

Finished the ride w/ 41 miles @ 14 avg.  Good ride with my big brother!

I had to stay ahead of that paceline coming up from behind Smiley

Anyone do Cross Timbers?

IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2010, 7:09pm

After checking the radar this morning I decided to do the wildflower rally. The day of rally fee was 40 but they feed you well at the start and finish. I rode to the ride at 8.5 mi. signed up for the 64 mi. Mark pulled ahead at the start and I never saw him again. Around 10 mi. I came behind John S. and unknown GDB rider and continued the chase. It was hard to pass because many slower riders were taking the left lane. After the dam and really after the thirty mile rest stop the herd thinned out. Then the hills, until the return to the dam. Wildflower really put on a good show with the rest stops I was at and the traffic control was the best i've seen for a rally except for HHH.  Rode home, napped and then... excuse me for this...rode a df around WRL for thirty.      

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2010, 8:28pm

Quote from johnnybent on May 15th, 2010, 7:09pm:
After checking the radar this morning I decided to do the wildflower rally. The day of rally fee was 40 but they feed you well at the start and finish. I rode to the ride at 8.5 mi. signed up for the 64 mi. Mark pulled ahead at the start and I never saw him again. Around 10 mi. I came behind John S. and unknown GDB rider and continued the chase. It was hard to pass because many slower riders were taking the left lane. After the dam and really after the thirty mile rest stop the herd thinned out. Then the hills, until the return to the dam. Wildflower really put on a good show with the rest stops I was at and the traffic control was the best i've seen for a rally except for HHH.  Rode home, napped and then... excuse me for this...rode a df around WRL for thirty.      

John, what held you back? Why didn't you just go for 200K?  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2010, 9:46pm

Well, I really did'nt think about that...guess if i'd ridden another bike I would taken another lap since the weather was so good.

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2010, 10:37pm

Quote from johnnybent on May 15th, 2010, 9:46pm:
Well, I really did'nt think about that...guess if i'd ridden another bike I would taken another lap since the weather was so good.    

Just joking, John. Did 56 miles at White Rock this morning and thought I was doing good.  

Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2010, 10:43pm

Quote from jayg on May 15th, 2010, 10:37pm:

Just joking, John. Did 56 miles at White Rock this morning and thought I was doing good.

If you avoided all the joggers then you did good

IP Logged
goldentouch

rbent member

Reply #10 - May 16th, 2010, 6:45am

This was my first rally and didn't know what to expect but it was great.  I saw a few recumbents. I was way back in the pack and not really use to having so many bikes beside me.  One woman came so close to my left side she hit my mirrow and turned it.  She never said anything just kept going.  I was part of Team DART and rode with some of the team most of the way.  The weather was nice and the food after was welcomed.   This was my first but not my last

2010 ICE Sprint
2010 Stratus XP XXL
2010 Sun EZ-3 USX HD
2008 Rans V3
2001 V-Rex
Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #11 - May 16th, 2010, 7:26am

The wide ride has one of my most favorite rest stops.   The one at the end of the dam.     Smiley

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
hornsmw13

rbent member

Reply #12 - May 16th, 2010, 8:09am

So lately, my average has been coming up.  I am continually in the high 19's and low 20's for 40-50 miles.  I'm starting to feel pretty good about myself, then comes Mark L with a 22 mph ride.  Mark, you are killing me. Smiley

mike
2009 bacchetta corsa ss
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #13 - May 16th, 2010, 11:20am

Quote from mleuck on May 15th, 2010, 10:43pm:
Quote from jayg on May 15th, 2010, 10:37pm:

If you avoided all the joggers then you did good

Got in some good evasive maneuver training.

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #14 - May 16th, 2010, 4:21pm

Quote from hornsmw13 on May 16th, 2010, 8:09am:
So lately, my average has been coming up.  I am continually in the high 19's and low 20's for 40-50 miles.  I'm starting to feel pretty good about myself, then comes Mark L with a 22 mph ride.  Mark, you are killing me. Smiley

That's pretty good no matter who you are....

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print