Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 8th, 2024, 4:25am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Catrike 700 question (Read 1473 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Catrike 700 question
Apr 26th, 2010, 11:35pm

A longtime pal of mine called me up today, and said, "Hey, just thought I'd let you know that I've joined the recumbent world, due to a developing neurological problem that doesn't allow me to keep riding a regular road bike... after a LOT of research, I bought a Catrike 700 over the weekend, and took it out yesterday for the first time...  WOW!!!!"

The conversation continued on for a bit, about the RBENT group, etc. so he should be signing on here soon...  meanwhile, he lives south of White Rock lake, so I'd like to hook him up with the guy who lives at the northeast corner of the lake who has the all-black 700 who speeds around there every once in a while.  I can't remember his name - who's got contact info for him?

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Patti
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Catrike 700 question
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2010, 9:55am

Hmmm... I don't know who that guy is but your friend might also look for Action Lad at the lake. He rides his yellow 700 there, frequently on Sunday afternoons. Show him the video of the HOT Catrike Rally so he'll know who to look for.  Grin

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2010, 11:48am

I remember a guy who lives there who has/had a windcheetah.  His name was CHip but I don't think he's a member of rbent.  Sorry to hear about his problem, but thankfully he'll still be able to have fun cycling!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2010, 12:06pm

Quote from aikigreg on Apr 27th, 2010, 11:48am:
I remember a guy who lives there who has/had a windcheetah.  His name was CHip but I don't think he's a member of rbent.  Sorry to hear about his problem, but thankfully he'll still be able to have fun cycling!

I know Chip but don't have any contact info, his wife rides a Catrike if I recall.

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2010, 1:38pm

That's probably whom I'm thinking of....

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2010, 7:52pm

Quote from mleuck on Apr 27th, 2010, 12:06pm:
Quote from aikigreg on Apr 27th, 2010, 11:48am:

I know Chip but don't have any contact info, his wife rides a Catrike if I recall.  

Chip's wife rides a Catrike 700. They pretty much only ride with each other.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2010, 10:53pm

Hello, All!
I'm back after quite an absence.  Just too busy riding the trike.  "Thunder & Lightning", as reported, is decommissioned.  After yielding over its components to the new frame, it will head to the chopper.  Catrike has a crash replacement policy in which one may purchase a new frame after an accident for a cut rate.  In the 700's case, $650.  Just a great group to deal with from order to delivery...and beyond.  

Be well, ride safe.
Key

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print